Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What food stage are you at? What are you eating?

Hi everyone, just thought I'd compare to see what everyone else is doing! Right now, I had my surgery May 20th, so one week ago, and I'm on stage 3 {full liquids}. I've been having my Protein Shakes and blended Soup, Jello, popsicles. I'm so sick of it! What stage are you guys at and what are some different things you are eating? Thanks!

i'm on my last few days of mushy / soft foods. i've been eating 1/4 cup of these things...turkey chili w/cheese and sour cream, alot of broc & cheese Soup (yummy...i eat this almost everyday)...some mashed pototoes and scrambled eggs. i start eating my normal 3 meals a day on friday...i cant wait! :thumbup::cry_smile:

I'm on the mushy creamy foods. SF Yogurt, SF Jello, SF pudding, Cream Soups, Cottage cheese and Protein Shakes. I think next Tuesday I get cleared for soft solids. Which means deli meats, Cheeses, Beans, eggs etc..

Thanks for the replies guys! Scorpio, when were you banded? I cannot wait to even eat mashed potatoes, which is my next stage, which I hope I cleared for tomorrow when I go see my doctor for followup!

hey carrie! i was banded on 5/8. i bet you cant wait to move to mashed potatoes. yeah, i was really excited when i reached the mushy soft stage...who would have ever thought a scrambled egg would taste sooooo goood!! LOL :cry_smile::thumbup:

I was banded a week ago (to the very hour!) and as much as I was looking forward to some mushies after 2 straight weeks of Optifast Protein shakes and Soups, I've been told to spend yet another week on them. I'm really craving eggs, for some reason, but I'll deal.

However I'm going out to dinner with work colleagues tonight- so I've rung the restaurant and they're making me a special chicken broth soup! That'll be my version of a 'treat'!

I just started real food last night! However, I was so disappointed. :) I went to KFC for their new grilled chicken. It didn't look anything like it looks on TV -- no grill marks, really pale like plain baked chicken, and it still has the skin on!! :thumbup: I thought it was skinless! So, I had to take all the seasoning off (which, actually there wasn't even much of that!) and all that was left was a plain semi-dry chicken breast. Ho hum.:blink:

So, once you get to the real food stage, don't bother. :wink:

Given the o.k for Puree/Mushies about an hour ago... I'm about to make a bowl of oatmeal which I actually craved yesterday...... I Tooo Am CRAVING (like a barbarian) Scrambled eggs with cheese. I was told that wednesday (if I can handle the mush) that I can have it. I'm just looking forward to Applesauce.

I made chicken cutlets for the Hubby & son last nice & Risotto was so angry I couldn't eat it. So I think My food of choice when I can start back on solids is going to be a chicken & veggie quesadilla. With mango salsa... I don't know why (I guess cuz I want one now)

Edited by sarahbellzz14-4

i moved on to real food today!! woot woot!! this morning i made mini egg, ham and cheese quiches...have no idea whats for lunch. tonight i'm making turkey meatloaf w/some type of veggie. so far so good!!

I am now able to start real food now and have been wanting to try the KFC grilled chicken. Guess I won't waste my money on that now. Skin??? Really???

In all honesty I haven't been chomping at the bit to move on to solid food. I've been pretty satisfied with eggs, cheese, oatmeal and such. My favorite snack is cottage cheese with sf orange Jello and mandarin oranges. I had a slice (dare I say it) of pizza on the 27th (my son's 16th b-day) but just ate the topping off of it.

Liquids liquids and more liquids..glucernas, popsicles, Protein Water, crystal light, and clear broth..all are more than I can handle today. It is difficult not feeling stuffed having a glucerna even over the space of an hour!

That's been my big thing too. I attempted a bowl of apple sauce today, and Took 3 big spoonfuls in the span of 15 mins (ate while I was cleaning) and got lightheaded and nausious immediatly. Dannon Activia Yogurt came out with a "lite" version, it's just as delicious as the regular. And I'm doing the string cheese thing now, it's heaven, BUT it keeps getting stuck, even when I leave it out for 10 mins to soften up.

here's a tip Singin': Diet Peach Snapple, Odwalla vanilla Al'Mondo Protein shakes, And I got this one from other bandsters: Strained Eggdrop soup- only I added about 2 tablespoons of Water to dilute it and make it less salty. Especially if you get the scrambled egg cravings like all of us are getting!!!!! good luck.

I am now able to start real food now and have been wanting to try the KFC grilled chicken. Guess I won't waste my money on that now. Skin??? Really???

In all honesty I haven't been chomping at the bit to move on to solid food. I've been pretty satisfied with eggs, cheese, oatmeal and such. My favorite snack is cottage cheese with sf orange Jello and mandarin oranges. I had a slice (dare I say it) of pizza on the 27th (my son's 16th b-day) but just ate the topping off of it.

TRUST ME AND ANN- IT'S NOT WORTH IT. only I had it before I was banded and it was nasty, thank g-d it was free (the day oprah gave out the coupons) it was greasy on the top, and the meat was dry, and I haven't eaten chicken on the bone in like 10 years. I don't know if you have a local deli, or your local supermarket has a fully stocked deli counter, but a lot of places have grilled chicken cutlets (or bonless breasts). try those, they may be a little pricey, but at least you can get 2 meals out of one breast. It's funny because the few people I know here in NYC that have been banded all say that chicken is the HARDEST thing to eat, and a lot of the time it comes right back up. Let me know.

I am still on mushie/pureed foods. My next appt is Tuesday and I will probably get the ok to start real food again. But I agree with Hallelujah, I am nervous to start eating real food. How is it going for those of you eating real food? Because of no restriction yet, do you feel like eating a lot? Is it going down ok? etc... thanks