Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So last night we BBQ steaks and they were lean and I had about 4 ounces went down fine no issues. Well today for lunch I thought I would bring the other half of my steak for lunch with a salad took three bites of steak and threw it all up it was only about 3oz. I couldn't eat anymore. Now I am still feeling it in my chest area. So my question could it be that I am still too tight in afternoon for steak, I did chew well or could it be that body is starting to not tolerate steak? Do most of you tolerate steak. Thanks

So last night we BBQ steaks and they were lean and I had about 4 ounces went down fine no issues. Well today for lunch I thought I would bring the other half of my steak for lunch with a salad took three bites of steak and threw it all up it was only about 3oz. I couldn't eat anymore. Now I am still feeling it in my chest area. So my question could it be that I am still too tight in afternoon for steak, I did chew well or could it be that body is starting to not tolerate steak? Do most of you tolerate steak. Thanks

I think if you were able to eat it last night, that should be an indicator that you're ok with it. But, was the left over piece you had more dry today? Usually when I have left over steak it is much drier the next day, especially when it has been warmed up in the microwave. That might have made it harder to consume. Hope you get to feeling better.

David

I think if you were able to eat it last night, that should be an indicator that you're ok with it. But, was the left over piece you had more dry today? Usually when I have left over steak it is much drier the next day, especially when it has been warmed up in the microwave. That might have made it harder to consume. Hope you get to feeling better.

David

ITA, next day steak can be much more tough and dry. I notice the OP was only banded two months ago. My doctor suggested such foods as steak be saved until perhaps six months after banding. It is definitely one of the SOLIDS of solid food.

After an episode like that you are better off settling with liquids for a day before irritating your stomach any more. Also, you may have done ok with the steak last night, but that doesn't mean it didn't irritate your stomach a little some.

Take it easy and best of luck!

Just take it easy for a day, and slowly get back to eating solids. I doubt you have anything lasting, but better to be safe about it.

If you notice you're still uncomfortable for more than that you should seek your surgeons advice. Steak has been known to cause some problems, however you don't sound that bad.

:blush: HTH

yes, it was more drier so maybe that did it. I usally don't eat steak for lunch but how long after do you wait to eat cause I am hungry?

While I have not yet had an issue with pb'ing or vomiting since being banded I believe most bandsters will tell you you should do liquids for a day or two then advance to soft foods just as you did post op in order to give your stomach time to settle and prevent any further irritation.

The more irritation to the stomach the more potiental for swelling, then the more chance for pi/vomiting episodes.

I know you are hungry, but try to take it easy....and if I were you I think I would say no more left over steak.

Good luck, and take it slow

~Monica

The same thing happened to me with ribs. The first night everything went fine. The next day I tried to eat the left overs around lunchtime and it did not go down well. it was stuck in my chest. My doctor said that my band is prbably tighter during the earlier part of the day.

Leftovers are usually muich drier than the originally cooked meat! Dry stuff usually doesn't go down as well and juicy. Next time you want to eat leftover meal, moisten it generously with a little beef or chicken broth, as appropriate. Eating after a PB? As soon as you feel comfortable. As for just liquids after a PB, it's pretty much what works for you. I've only PB'd twice and both times, I just waited about an hour and ate without a problem then (but careful to address what caused the PB which, for me, was eating too fast) but I was able to eat normally.

Just one thing to add - If you do have it again for the next day maybe try drenching it in sauce so that it's not so dry.

My surgeon gave me the rule of no meat in the form of steaks, chops, or roast for one year. I'm not sure why but after having several episodes of being stuck I'm not willing to find out.

In the past week I have had a few vomiting episodes. I have decided not to eat meat period. Tried a couple wheat thins and couldn't handle those either. It's okay though, I'm content with salads and cottage cheese, Protein drinks and Protein smoothies.

weight.png

Banded 4/17/09

In the past week I have had a few vomiting episodes. I have decided not to eat meat period. Tried a couple wheat thins and couldn't handle those either. It's okay though, I'm content with salads and cottage cheese, Protein drinks and Protein smoothies.

weight.png

Banded 4/17/09

When were you banded? Have you had a fill? If so, you probably need to have a slight bit removed. You need to be able to eat solid Proteins for good weight loss. Good luck to you!

When were you banded? Have you had a fill? If so, you probably need to have a slight bit removed. You need to be able to eat solid Proteins for good weight loss. Good luck to you!

I see now you are early on and probably haven't had a fill yet. You do need to discuss the vomiting with your Dr. when you go in. Lots of people never can eat things like wheat thins. Later you should be able to eat solid proteins if you take small bites and chew really well!