Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg 2lb gain How!!!!!!!

So fair i having doing so well 14.5lbs i was banded on may 12 i started my soft diet Last Wednesday. Well this weekend i went to my friend cottage for the holiday weekend when i got back and stepped on the scale i had gained 2lbs in 4 days. I don't understand I didn't cheat i followed the rules. here is an example of what i eat for one day there for my soft diet

Breakfast

2 eggs scrambles with low fat cheese

total 250 calories

lunch

Mushed up baked Beans

60 calorie pudding

total 290

dinner

1/2 baked potato 1 tble of light marg.

muched up baked beans

total 350

total for the whole day 900 calories

How could i gain on 900 calories a day. Yesturday i eat around 1300 calories but that was only yesturday and i was very hungry but i eat healthy. I even walked everyday. Could it be Fluid it was very hot over the weekend and i drank a lot of Water. Please help is there anything i can do. I have my 2 week appointment on Thursday and i don't want to go to the Dr and gained weight i will fell so bad. I am so upset right now i don't get it.

Relax! First of all, you will experience fluctuations in your weight, sometimes as much as 5 pounds. Secondly, you just made the transition from liquid to mushy. Your bowel habits will change again now that you are taking in something more than liquid. All that adds up to you may weigh a little more rather than less.

My next bit of advice is to NOT get on the scale every day. Especially if you can't cope with the natural fluctuations in your weight. Pick a day, doesn't matter which day, of the week and weigh on that day only.

Finally, remember that it takes 3,500 calories ABOVE what it takes to keep you functioning in order to gain one pound. Up 2 pounds? You know you didn't eat 7,000 calories? Well, there's that natural fluctuation.

Hi, don't feel bad I weighed myself this morning also and I was up 2lbs... I beleive in my situation, I've been really contispated.. LOL and I've had to take a stool softne, I beleive the powder Protein has me like this, I've still been on powder protein becasue I haven't been able to cosume the 60 grams of protein on meats alone... My stomach has been hurting for a couple of days.. I have an appt today with the dietican and I'm going to ask her how can I get more Fiber into the diet.. You might be experiencing the same thing, or something similar. I also take a Water pill (prescribed) from the dr and I take it every other day, so I didn't take it on yesterday (memorial) day so I must have extra Fluid in me... At first I felt really bad also, but I'm fine.. Be encouraged it's ok... Hang in there and keep doing what you;re doing you might need to add a little more food also, becasue sometimes your body holds on to the food when it's so little...