Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Stephen Britt - Dr. Britt is WONDERFUL

Dr Britt Did my Lap-Band on 3/23/09, He was great before, during and after the surgery. I would reccomend anyone to him!

Dr. Britt did my surgery on June 4th. My two week follow up is June 18th. Right now my healing process is slow and uncomfortable. The growling belly is something to get used to and the port site is sore. Did you have these same issues? Can you help me with advice about the liquid diet because needless to say I'm losing it. I want food that I can chew but I know that I can't just yet!

TeacherTracy

It's very very hard to stick to the liquids as long as we do! I had SF Jell-O everyday. I tried every flavor. I had SF popcicles everyday and Drank Tons of Crystal Light(I like the Walmart brand best)... It's very hard. A few times I drained the broth off of some chicken Noodles Soup, It was more flavorful than just Broth. I hope that this helps some. I know its not much variety. I almost forgot how to eat!! lol ...

hELLO

EXACTLY HOW MANY POST OP APPTS DID YOU HAVE TO GO TO BEFORE YOU HAD A FILL? i AM CURIOUS TO KNOW..

YOU LOOK GREAT.. I AM SURE YOU FEEL BETTER TOO...

THANKS

I believe I only had 1 post op visit before I had a fill. Thank You! :) Im sure you will do great! Have you ahd surgery yet?

I actually had my surgery on July 30 by Dr Groves, had a 2 week follow up appt and sept 9 is my post op appt ( i guess) i have lost 22 pounds and only 4 since my 2 week follow up.. I am R E A D Y to stat losing.... any advice...

should i be losing weight during this time?

Thanks

In the first two weeks I lost 22 lbs, then the next 2 I had lost 14 more. It's been slow after that. Where do you live at? Exercise, Exercise, Exercise is the Key!

I had my pre-op visit with Dr. Britt today and I was very impressed. He did not seem to be in any sort of rush and was very thorough in discussing what I might expect and in answering my questions. My surgery date is March 25 (2 weeks) and I am getting so excited!

I agree with you Dr. Britt is really great. I had my band done 12-18-2007 he has been very helpfull and understanding even when I screw it up! Hope you have lots of sucess with your band!