Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

kaiser Richmond, Ca Lap Band?

Does Kaiser Richmond, Ca do lap band or sleeve surgery? Two years ago I had gotten about 2/3rds of the way through the process when I developed chronic kidney stones. I dropped out at that time. Since living with the chronic stones for two years now it finally occurred to me that with or without the surgery I will still have the stones so why not go for the surgery. In 2007 Kaiser was only doing the By Pass surgery but if the lap band is now available it would be a better option for me. Anyone with knowledge of this?

Lap band is now available and I just completed the process......................................................

Thank you for responding. When I originally signed up for WLS in 2007, Kaiser was only doing the Bypass. I am glad to hear they are doing lab bands now too. Any chance they are doing the "sleeve" as well? I guess I will find out this Friday when I see my PCP. Hope I don't have to go back through the whole orientation thing, but I probably will.

How are you doing? How much have you lost now? My daughter had the bypass in 2007 and has lost over 100 #'s She is looking so good. She has really learned to work her bypass. Once a month she decides she is going to have a mini milky way bar and just deal with the dumping. She has developed allergies to some foods that she never had before and assumes it has to do with the bypass...shrimp and tomatos in particular. Her ex-husband took down her blog "Losing My fluffy Stuff" which was real good. He divorced her after she lost all the weight.

Anyway, I will be checking into this site regular now I guess. Good luck to you.

Alice

I got referred in December of 2008, had surgery in April of 2009. I could have had surgery in March but I wanted to go on vacation first............

Lap band at Kaiser started a year ago.

Kaiser as you know has a pre op program you have to go through. lose 10%, have all the appointments...........I was going over there once or twice a month for four months.

I go back on april 28th for a fill.

I have lost 37 pounds so far. but 25 were pre op. 12 have been post op..............so far so good.

I had Dr. Baggs who I love. He seems to be the best with lap band.........

Wow, thats pretty fast. Perhaps they have streamlined the system a bit and of course by you complying with all the prerequesites helped I'm sure. Sounds like you are doing well. I am not so much interested in losing fast as losing steady and having a tool to help me.

Alice

Lap band is a slower lose and you have to put effort into it.......I am six weeks post op and have to stay on top of it.

diet, exercise and lots of Water.

No sleeve at Kaiser that I know about anyway. Kaiser does tend to push RNY a bit more than lap band so you have to be firme that is what you want.

Hey we have a thread called Kaiser Richmond pre op and everyone is over there. Post and pre op we have a huge group and get together once or twice a month for support. Do a search and find the thread you wil have 5X more people over there that went through Kaiser or are going through Kaiser that can answer your questions.