Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maples Surgical Center Wpg Mb.

Got a call from Jenn at Maples they are dropping the price of surgery. :w00t: So if anyone was thinking about doing it go check out maples. Not sure when they are dropping it but i think it starts in June.:wink2:

Got a call from Jenn at Maples they are dropping the price of surgery. :lol: So if anyone was thinking about doing it go check out maples. Not sure when they are dropping it but i think it starts in June.:thumbup:

Do you know by chance how much it is? I am just starting out with getting my information together, but I am desperate for something that will help. I don't know where to start to get the info and for whatever reason am having a tough time navigating this website (though that could be the computer I'm trying to use). It's still not covered by Manitoba Health, is it?

Call Jenn at maples at wpg. she is great and will answer anything you want. go to their web site.

not much info there but OK to look at. Jenn said my surgery was going to be $ 16 800 tax in .

I know its a lot of money but i am at my wits end. this winter was hard for me and my joints so been thinking of this for a year or so and said what the heck lets call maples.

dragged my wife along to see what the place was like and she decided to go for it .

she wanted me to go first but it turned out that i was too fat for fat surgery and had to lose 20 or so pounds before i could get surgery done.

we are from Sask and it is along trip. my wife got a consultation done in March, surgery on may 12 TH and is now 30 pounds down.

all we can say is go for it look at all the facts and read all the threads on lap band and realize that this is just a tool not a cure.

good luck

Edited by Too Fat To Fish

Thank you very much for your help! I will definitely look into it. It's worth taking a peek I figure, though I am probably much in the same boat as you - too fat for surgery.

Thanks though! I'm gonna hang around and keep reading up on how it's working for everyone. :)

Hi Manitoba Maples Bandsters,

Went yesterday, July 7th, to Maples to chat. Yes, they have the special but all the July August operating times are filled! :biggrin: So the special is there but not really. The office manager said that they are looking at adding another day in August and maybe, hopefully, continuing the special into September - again... perhaps.

I guess the thing that is stopping me for signing up immediately (besides the cost) is my worry about going under the anesthetic. I have an irregular heartbeat and worry. My last surgery they said I was difficult to intibate. Has anyone else had this worry about their middle aged heart and came through with flying colours?

Signed,

On the fence

Diva If you do have the surgery, your surgeon will tell you if you should be banded in the hospital. My surgeon has banded some of his patients in the hospital because of the risk. You may want to ask your surgeon if he would do the surgery in the hospital he has privileges in,

Seriously?? OMG I could have saved over 2000. crap. Sometimes ignorence is bliss. Oh well, happy for those who were able to save some money.