Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fanny Moves to Phase Two

Well it's 11pm on Christmas Eve for me and I just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, as I probably won't be online tomorrow.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Merry Christmas Fanny!!!!

Oh dear - just realised I haven't posted in my own thread for a while, though I have been following Alli's and Kate's, etc. So...time for an update, eh?

I'm healing up very well for the most part. Flew back to site on Monday night and just about finished up my second day at work now (Wed afternoon). Saw the surgeon's nurse on Monday before I flew out and got the all clear to stop taping up the incisions - thank goodness for that!! I had been cheating and had stopped taping up the boobs a couple of days earlier, as they seemed well healed and the itching from the tape was driving me mad! The rest of the itching is really easing off now that I don't have to have that glue all over me.

There are a couple of things that I'm not completely happy with, but the nurse assures me that it will all settle down in time. The LBL incision has popped open in a couple of places across the front and looks red and nasty. I thought it was a bad infection but the nurse says it is very minor and not to worry about it - apply Betadine at night and let it dry out in the day and apparently it will close over again and still shouldn't scar badly. I'm not so sure about the last part - it looks like those spots will be quick thick icky lines ;) Also, the line above my mons is quite puckered, like a drawstring, and I'm not sure that will settle out fully - hope it will!

I've started scar massage with Bio-Oil, which I was told not to do until now (i.e. not until the incision had healed over). My nipples are doing great but the line under the boob is still quite red. Also, now that the swelling has just about gone from under there, the boobs don't stand up nearly as high and perky as before and DAMN but these implants are HEAVY! I wear bras with underwires constantly (yes, I know it's probably too early for that) because if I don't, I can practically feel the skin stretching and boobs sagging under the weight. Still, the shape is much more natural now and much less Barbie-doll plastic looking.

I can't get over how hard and flat my tummy and hips are. I knew I had been doing some hard work on my abs prior to the surgery but I had never been able to see/feel the results. Now that the swelling has almost gone, I feel so buff and taut!! YAY!! The hard work pays off at last - can't wait to be allowed to get back to that!

All in all, I think the most spectacular result has been the effect on my bum. It's so smooth and round and compact. I'm getting so vain about it now - every time I pass a mirror, I have to turn around and look and think "Is that REALLY me??"

Fannie, you are a hoot!!! I am sorry for your setbacks, I hope you heal quickly and in the manner you want. I am glad you posted about your breasts not being as perky, so I know to expect that. Did you get saline or silicone implants? I am glad you are able to go back to work.

Mimi

Hey Fanny,

It's great to hear you are doing well! I also have been wearing underwire, the implants are heavy and I don't want them to drop much more! I have to tell you, I've been using Mederma and it is doing wonders on my scars. I am not sure if they sell it there but it's definetly worth looking in to.

Have a great day and shake your new booty girl!

I haven't seen Mederma in the pharmacy here, but I've only been using the Bio-oil for 2 days and already I'm noticing results, so I'm fairly happy with it. Bio-oil is also specifically formulated to treat scars and stretch marks, and makes many of the same claims as Mederma. My surgeon says it is not really the product that makes all the difference but the process of massaging it in.

Mimi, I has silocone implants as those were recommended by the surgeon. The initial result after surgery was for VERY high perky breasts, but most of that was because the incision line underneath was so swollen and hard, it acted like a built-in underwire. The effect was actually very "fake" looking, as the shape was conical. Now that the swelling has almost gone, the shape is much better - more natural and breast-like, although a teensy bit lower than I was expecting. Still, I'm an E to F cup so I can't really expect completely sagless boobs. These puppies are HEAVY!! The implants alone were 440 ml each which is about 14 fl oz in your language. I'm not sure if they are the same weight per volume as Water though. In metric, 100 ml of Water weighs exactly 100 grams, so 440ml would be 440 grams = 1lb, but I don't know if silicone is the same (i.e. it could well be heavier for the same volume). Either way - I'm figuring each boob (flesh and implant combined) weighs in at a couple of kilos - 5lb!

Edited by Fanny Adams
Corrected metric/imperial conversion

Sorry about your setbacks. glad you like the bum. I really needed to do something for mine but must live with a flat one.

I can't imagine wearing an underwire already. My right side boob is still very tender underneath. What kind of bra are you sleeping in?

I started using the mederma again but haven't noticed anything yet. It still makes me a little itchy too. I think I agree with your surgeon it's the massaging that helps the scar tissue.