Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a little worried. surgery was May 14th. Doc said watery liquids for 48 hours and then slowly move up from there. I did the 2 days of watery liquids and then progressed by adding soft yogurts, nonfat pudding, and drinkable Soups. Yesterday I added some runny creamed corn and a good portion of runny instant potatoes. I had been feeling really hungry and my old ways got me into eating too much I think. At least 2 cups between the corn and spuds. I ate some and waited an hour and then ate some more and then again after another hour becasue I wasn't feeling a fullness.

Now I just full stuffed and its been almost 24 hrs. I tried a shake and Water today but I can't get much in my stomach and it feels more and more uncomfotable. I have been taking Gas-x and tried walking but they are not really helping either. Some burping but no vomiting or PBs or anything.

I have my post-op appt. tomorrow so I am hoping that something breaks loose by then....

Any thoughts or ideas?

Hi I am in your neck of the woods and being banded next week. I would definately not add any more food until this passes and try to stick with liquids so you dont dehydrate. If you are not in pain or anything you are probably safe to wait until tomorrow to talk to the doctor but explain what you did and how you feel so he can check you out.

I was banded on the 14th too. I have been experiencing alot of hunger also. I think it is because I am not getting on a schedule. Once I go back to work I'm sure that will change. On the days I get up and eat Breakfast right away and then do my shake a couple hours later then do lunch then the shake again, then supper then another shake. I am stuffed. It's when I don't follow that that I get HUNGRY. The routine is harder than I thought. I never thought about eating every minute of the day before. I just ate when I was hungry...now it's "did I get enough Protein, did I drink all my water...oops time for lunch" I am tired of Soup and yogurt...I can't have mushy food until late next week.

I'm day 14 today n I am HUNGRY!!! lol.... last night I had 1/2 Pasta then about 1hr later 1/2cup Tomato Soup and then another 1/2 cup of mousse about another hour later....I think it should be ok cause I left a decent gap in between and I have been sticking to the correct amount...but I also worry that I'm eating too much now. I definately think I need fill...

I’m not sure if you’ve eaten too much or not. Your surgeon’s instructions are different from my surgeon’s instructions. After my surgery I was on Clear Liquids for two weeks and then two weeks of mushies. I didn’t start to feel hungry until after a week of the mushies. Or was it one week of liquids and one week of mushies?... Anyway, from what you wrote, it does sound as if you are full. Try to not eat anything else for a while, and take tiny sips of Water throughout the day so that you stay hydrated. Of course I am not a doctor, but that’s my suggestion. It works for me when I have eaten too much – sometimes – when it doesn’t work; there is a serious PB in my near future. Since you were just banded a PB is one of the last things you want to experience.

Well, good luck with your doctor’s appointment. I hope that your surgeon will be able to help you through this.

As an update, its been another 24 hours and I am feeling a little better. I am sure I just ate way too much....

I kind of felt like the snake that just ate a huge egg.... Over the last 24 hours I felt all the stuff more lower in my stomach and I am sure things are passing now.

The good part, I guess, is that I haven't been hungry for days now. But I am keeping up with fluids the best I can.

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions!!