Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guilty Of Night Eating Also

I don't know what it is either during the day i can't eat alot don't even feel that hungry sometimes i have to make myself eat. i do good all day but as soon as night comes i get this ferocious appetite and have to eat. for some odd reason it feels like during the day my band is tighter and at night i can eat more. is that weird or normal :purplebananna:

I'm the same way. My band is tight in the morning/afternoon and by Evening not much restriction.

I have to be really careful to not overeat at night.

I'm in the same boat. Although with me it's mostly head hunger. I have more time to crave, to sit still relax and think about eating. Duirng the day I have a lot less time to slow down to eat. It's been that way for me since I can rememeber. I'm trying to pick up new hobbies, go for walks, anything but eat. It's not easy changing a lifetime of habits.

I also struggle at night. I usually allow myself 2, 100 calorie Snacks in the evening. The 100 calorie bags of popcorn are a great treat, alot of popcorn for 100 cal's. The sugar free puddings are awsome for 60-90 cals as well. Another of my fave's is a string cheese for 60 cals.

god i thought i was de only one dat had dat problem 2 . its terrible so much restriction all day den anytime after 7 i can eat almost anything !! and of course wen im able to eat i do eat !! reason for gatting be band done ! just no self control!!:purplebananna:.... is dere a solution to this problem!!!

For me I believe that it is just a force of habit. Especially when I get home. Before I got on the band a year ago I would do good at work because I didnt have any temptations, but as soon as I get home I would just pig out! Now..since I really cant seem to completely fight the urges sometimes...I eat something nutty or good for me instead of the late night pizza or ice cream or roast sandwiches I used to eat around 10pm.

So dont feel bad cause you cant break the habit, just change what you eat at night. You can eat all you want just eat healthy. Don't be so hard on yourself.

OMG!!! I just knew that I was the only person in the world with this issue. It is such a relief to know that I am not alone. If anyone finds the solution, please let me know. I know its a bad habit, like biting your nails, but how do you "break" it?