Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Help! Need Some Advice

:laugh: hello had lapband surgery on 02/26/09 and 1st 2 weeks lost 10 lbs next 3 weeks lost 0 lbs the next seven weeks 9 lbs 6 weeks ago had 1 tighting of band i think i am doing something wrong not quite sure what i should and shouldnt be eating i feel so disappointed if anyone has advice thank you

What are you eating? Take a good look at what you are eating and how much. Write it down and preferable put it online at fitday or dailyplate so you can get a calorie count of it. That is the only way to examine your food intake and maybe figure out what is wrong. How do you feel when you eat chicken or other Proteins?

:smile: hello had lapband surgery on 02/26/09 and 1st 2 weeks lost 10 lbs next 3 weeks lost 0 lbs the next seven weeks 9 lbs 6 weeks ago had 1 tighting of band i think i am doing something wrong not quite sure what i should and shouldnt be eating i feel so disappointed if anyone has advice thank you

Actually, it seems like you are on track. Those first weeks are for healing, not loss. True, some people do drop a lot of weight right after surgery, but it is not a given. Some people even gain during the time they are adding soft, then solid foods back to their diets. A loss of 1-2 pounds a week is considered good. You are 12 weeks post-op, by my calculations, and have lost 19 pounds, so you are well within the range. Plus, you have only had one fill. It often takes several fills before a person finds that "sweet spot" with just the right amount of restriction. If you want to tell us more about what you are eating, what exercise you are doing, etc., I'm sure you'll get lots of advise. In the meantime, congratulate yourself on your accomplishments!:laugh:

Hey don't get down on yourself. Everybody's body looses weight differently! I would go and get another fill. You should stay on top of your fills that way you get the most effectiveness out of your lapband. Make sure you eat a Protein heavy diet and avoid any "slider" foods. Also, make sure you start some kind of exercise program. Whether it's light walking or whatnot that will help you feel better physically as well as help with more weight loss. YOu will get there! Just keep it up.

Relax! You're 11 weeks out, and you've lost 19 lbs. What's wrong with that?!!! That's over a pound and a half per week!!! I know you're excited and ready to get the weight loss going, but this is not "the biggest loser". You can't expect to have 4-5 lbs losses every week.

If you're losing 1-2 lbs per week, be happy! You're right on target! I don't lose consistently. I will drop 5 lbs, then stall for a couple of weeks, then lose another 5. It's just the way my body works. You'll figure out how yours works as you get further out from surgery.

However, as someone else said, track your food. I use the daily plate on www.livestrong.com! It keeps me on track, and lets me know when I'm not eating ENOUGH!

Good luck to you.

I really didn't lose much the first couple of months either. Don't be discouraged. When you get the right adjustment, you will see a HUGE difference in your weight loss. I am just now, one year out, finally losing a steady 12-14 pounds a month. You'll get there...just be patient! :laugh:

It's all about or if your canadian, aboot, the fills. Fills, fills, fills. I have an APL band which has a 14cc capacity. From my surgery date, 10/6 to february, I bounced up and down, gained ten one week, lost 10 the next week etc. Once I got enough fills and got some restriction, not even good restriction mine you, just restriction, it was a whole new ball game. It took me six or seven fills to finally get restriction.

I love food, obviously why I was over 500 pounds at one time, but now that I have restriction I could really give a shit about food. I still like food, heck, love food, but I don't let it rule my life. It's just not enjoyable to eat anymore.

Once you get some restricion everything will be gravy.

brian

Make sure you are getting enough Protein and excerise. I felt like you a week or so ago and I know I really have not been eating that much but I was not getting in enough protein and very very little excerise. So I made it a point to make sure to get in my protein (by eating it) and started excersing and it made a big difference. But as others have said 1 to 2 pounds a weeks average is not bad.