Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I have read every thread...

This is not true.

There are patient-led support groups that aren't affiliated with any doctor and there are surgeons who will see patients from Mexico.

Now, it is very important, if you have a band, to line up your aftercare before you go. You don't want to get a band and then find that no one in your area will do your fills. But there are plenty of people who go to Mexico for bands and do their follow-up locally to them.

For the sleeve, your PCP can do your follow-up.

Thanks Mac. I am having the sleeve and it is my PCP who I have talked to about the surgery. I was hoping to find a local support group; however, if not, I have all of you on here to help me out .. and Rosebud2 lives in Las Vegas, albeit we're on the total opposite sides of town; but there is that little thing invented by Thomas Edison ... I so want June 12th to get here!!!!

Dr. Teng who does the LB, VSG and RNY surgeries has a support group very near to me. He did my fiance's hernia repair surgery and my DF knows the girls in the office pretty well, so I am going to have him call and ask if I may attend Dr. Teng's support groups even though he did not do my surgery.

I still go to my support group held by my band dr. He does not care where you had surgery. He just wants people who have had WLS to go to a support group. There are people there who have gone to Mexico or other hospitals due to insurance reasons. There are all types of

wls at this support group. There are a lot of people who had gastric bypass, and bands, and the sleeve is just now starting to become more popular, so we have had some new people coming who have had the sleeve.

He has never done a sleeve, but he has done so many gastric bypass surgeries so he has experience with the staple lines. It's just that most insurance companies are not paying for sleeves yet.

Three weeks and counting Vangel, actually 20 days and if you dont count today......I'm so excited!!!

Ruthi

Three weeks and counting Vangel, actually 20 days and if you dont count today......I'm so excited!!!

Ruthi

WOO HOO...I'm excited too ... I think DF may be even more excited than me ... he's bummed you're not driving down with us, but understands the situation ... Ernesto is picking us up in Calexico after he picks you up in SD ....:thumbup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches