Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think you're smart to find another surgeon if you can. Your doc is too hard to reach and the aftercare of the band is just about as important as the band itself! They should accommodate you and be apologetic, not defensive! Good luck. I hope you find a better doc! :eek:

I know I'm not part of your group, but really felt I should reply. You poor thing, dont blame yourself, you have done nothing wrong. Like the other sweeties have said you havent had enough fills yet.

I had my first fill after 6 weeks cos my surgeon was on holiday, so i went somewhere else, I had to pay, but i didnt care.

Then I had my second fill on 9th may and then i had another 5 days later. man....I couldnt sleep that night, kept choking on the milk I had drunk.

here we are 5 days later and I still can only take tiny portions, and have lost 4kilos.

So go for it hunny, get those fills booked now!

I am just so disapointed in my surgeon's practice. What bothers me the most is how I've treated myself over the past couple of months, especially lately.

I put mself in a state of pure depression thinking that I failed and was doomed to be fat the rest of my life. In that state of giving up and seeing no hope I ate whatever I wanted and quit exercising daily.

Now instead of being mad at myself I'm angry with my surgeon. How dare he tell me that "this is a tool" to help you lose weight. Tools are meant to be maintained. Now I know without the maintenance it does me no good. I wish I could print out these post and give them to my surgeon.

I'm off to heal my self inflictted mental wounds. LOL

I take it you dont have a printer or else you could copy and paste and then print.

Like someone else has said, go elsewhere for your fills, seems like that surgeon of yours doesnt want to give you the aftercare which is essential.

He is not doing himself any favours, because that is very poor and the word will soon get about.

Good luck hun.

I do have a printer. However, actually getting them to him would be impossible.

They have a yahoo group for all the patients. I posted on it yesterday hoping for answers.. the office manager (who was rude to me today) manages the group. Needless to say, my post didn't make it to the group.

Check for independant fill centers. If you haven't got restriction yet I can't stess it enough, you have to get there, and quick.

I get free fills for 13 months after surgery from my doc, and the actually have fill nurses in about five different cities, so even though I was banded five hours away, i only have to travel twenty minutes for a fill.

I felt just like you at the start, before I got restriction and the band started working. I had a 5 year old and I actually had a conversation with him one night about how daddy wasn't going to be around much longer. I told my son I was going to die. How's that for low. I was so discouraged because I would be good for a week, lose ten, be bad for a week and gain ten. I though it would never work. I canceled a fill because I was giving up. When i finally pulled my self out of my pity part and got some more fills, BAMM. When you have it you have it and it WILL work. I was approx 530 at my heaviest, i had trouble walking from my office to my truck, 40 feet. I would have ate myself to death, that's how much I love food. Without restiriction i couldn't lose weight, once I got it, man, no problem, I don't even care about food that much anymore.

So if I, who told my son I was going to die, can hang in there, you can too. It will get better, trust me.

brian