Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Step Closer in Raleigh

Hey y'all!

This past Thursday I had my first one-on-one visit at the surgeon's (Dr. Moran) office. I met with his PA. Everything went well. I really like the office staff and everyone else I met. Everyone was so friendly. I know this may sound silly, but I loved the chairs in the waiting room, they're wide chairs. Don't you hate when you go somewhere and the seats are so tight you don't know if you can get into them? Points for this feature. :-)

I got weighed, BMI'd, and basic head-to-toe assessment by the PA.

Before my next visit I have to get some lab work drawn, a Barrium Swallow (anyone have one of these done???), I have to be cleared by a Cardiologist because of HTN, some syncope (light headed/fainting), and chest pains), and the office psychologist and dietition.

I'm really excited about this jurney. It's a lot to take in but it feels right.

Good luck with everyone's weight loss. I"ll be joining you all soon. I'm going to have a lot of questions so bear with me.

Hi Chad and Welcome to the boards. I was banded by Dr. Moran and I love the office. He's always had big chairs in the waiting room and I think it is the kind of detail that makes you know you've chosen a good practice.

Ask away!

Lanakila

Hey guys, I know you posted this a while ago but I too was banded by Dr. Moran. I would love to keep in contact with the two of you for some local Raleigh support! :confused:

I was banded April 6 and have lost 16lbs. This seems slow to me but I have not been exercising like I should! I started going back to the gym this week! yay me!

How are you guys doing?

Hi! Congrats on your band! I seldom visit the boards anymore, but you are always welcome to email me. I'll PM you my address.

Lanakila

I got my call from Dr. Moran's office yesterday to finally schedule my surgery. The one drawback is that I'm in school right now and won't finish until the end of July so I asked if I could wait until then. I'd love to go in and have it sooner but I don't want to chance being ill and then having to miss school.

I'd love to keep in touch with anyone local that has gone through with the lapband. Nobody else really knows what it's like to lose weight and decide to do this. It's hard to explain to people sometimes.

Good job on your weight loss. Slow is alright. Go to the gym or walk. You can do it.

Chad

Hey Chad,

Congrats on the approval! I think there is a time limit from the time you get approved and surgery date - make sure you ask - just in case! :blushing:

It took me about a week to get back to work, I also had a hernia repair at the same time, so not sure if that makes a difference.

I can understand not wanting to interfere with your education. If I could have worn sweat pants to work I would have been back sooner! LOL! The worst part for me was my pants hitting the incision. So if you can wear sweats you will be golden! Ha! I had mine done on a Thurs and was back to work Wed. I think. Not too bad :lol:

Congrats again and feel free to contact me anytime! (foxterp@me.com) It will be great to have local support!!

Have a good one!!

Hi Chad! Congrats on your approval. I had the band installed on Thursday and was back behind my desk at NCSU on Monday. I couldn't carry alot of stuff for the first week, and jeans were completely out of the question 'cause of where Dr. Moran puts the port incision but, otherwise, it was a piece of cake.

Lanakila

Hello Chad,

I was banded on June 24 by Dr. Moran he is a very to the point and business type Dr, So don't be discouraged by his demeanor. I chose him on his track record,referrals and also his knowledge. I also love his staff they are very friendly and you will find very helpful if you have any questions. If you would like to email me at gkingjr2@nc.rr.com and we can email back forth as support buddies etc. I am 5 weeks out tomorrow and have lost 27 pounds to date. I am very pleased with my progress and I like talking to other people who are on this life saving journey as I am. Please contact me if you would like to.

George

Surgery 06/24/2010 :unsure:

Dr. Joseph Moran, Raleigh, NC

Advanced Laparoscopic Associates

Raleigh, NC