Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TY everyone and latest list of needs for Victims

ok I know this may be pushing it but here is what it appears is truly needed at this time for my alabama run.

-they REALLY need toiletries like Shampoo, toothpaste,toothbrushes,razors and deodorant, mens underwear to fit whatever size goes with the jeans Ive listed and mens clothes-think we r set on womens clothes need mens jeans or shorts mostly 34/36/40 with length being 34-also tshirts for large men(they say they can all wear these so...)and also poptop food-seems the cracker and chicken/tuna or ham salad packs are a good way to go-easy poptop and filling-lol.Bottled Water is always a good thing.

I apoligize Tina,

I really thought you were taking the clothes to the Astrodome.. I still need to go through my husbands drawers and I think his size is 36/30 And I know he has shorts in there he never wears so I will definetly be sending a box out. Now does it go to your you or Your brothers place???

so far just me as he isnt sure whats going on right now and the person who has donated the truck to take everything we collect here to Fairhope has donated it for 4 trips.No need to apologize-if its helping someone somewhere Im happy-Im just trying to make sure my hometown area is covered thats all-thanks everyone.

Alatina, you are making 4 trips? What's the cut off for mailing something to you to take? So if I miss it, you will be going back? I would love to send some things to you to take...my budget is tight but I can swing it over the next week or two...a gift card for you to purchase what they need is right up my alley. Would that help? That way if they have enough toothbrushes for now, they can get other items. I totally trust that you will get my donation to the right people, etc...I'm not worried about that, nor do I want a copy of a receipt, I just want what is hard for me to give to actually be needed and used. With you, it will be.

So, what are the deadlines and PM me your address. :)

WONDERFUL! Thanks-the cut off date is September 30th but honestly if things trickle in after then I will do what I can to get to them or donate to the shelters-I am PMing you-GCs are great but I know alot of people dont want to go that route and like I said before you can paypal me the funds which a few have done and I am more than happy for that.

Great I will have to send stuff at different times through out the next couple of weeks. My brothers have gotten on board so men clothes there should be alot as well as teenage clothing. I am sure you will find them an owner.

Get with you soon since I go get the some clothes tonight..

Alatina I just sent you a Target Gift Card which is being sent overnite. You should get it tomorrow. I will send you another message once I know the exact timing.

wonderful-thanks and even though no one finds my North Dakota property appealing-lol-I am inviting every one of you who helped me to come out there for a weekend when its done and bring your families and we will have a bandster/thank you weekend in my big ole converted school.Cook out-watch movies on the big screen etc....

North Dakota sounds like fun. Just keep us posted.

ok well thanks to the generosity of many but today was mostly thanks to Penni-I went to target and got a ton of stuff for people.I hurried a bit because time got the best of me and today is the day I feed the regular homeless-lol-that sounds bad I mean the people that live here in houston all the time and are homeless-most live under the Pierce elevated-well every friday for quite some time now I been going done there with sandwiches and any stuff I can round up-people tend to donate around holidays but usually its slim pickens rest of year so I have to feed them alot of pb&j -I get the bread from outlets at 2 for $1 and last night I got hot dogs and salami at Randalls for next to nothing-the hot dogs were on sale for $1.99 a pack and they had $2 off coupons so I got 10 packs for free then the salami was $2.49 a pack and had $2 coupon so got 12 packs of that at .49 a pop-very cool eh?So anyway I made salami and hot dogs for every one-that was alot of stuff but way easier to make than pb&j as it was just meat on bread and hot dogs dropped into bag with bun-I had to go packets of mustard so was easy breezy compared to other days-lol.

Anyway thanks sooooooo much everyone and if anyone is local to me Im always lookin for someone on fridays to help me make and pass out stuff.:))

tryin to make up for being a heathen in a former life :)) or maybe not so former-lol.

Actually my mom used to have us doing this from a young age-she wanted us to know how fortunate we were so we would go to an area that was low income about the 3rd week of the month because it was when their food stamps and government issued stuff had run out and we would hand out sandwiches and such to the people in need-I was youngest of 7 and my mother was very big on never forgetting no matter how much you think you dont have you have EVERYTHING compared to some-very true indeed.

She sounds like an amazing women. That was awesome for her to do that. I am embarressed to say that I have really never volunteered to do what you do. Though in are first years of marriage we would pick up hitch hikers and give them rides if they looked decent. Or opened our doors to complete strangers that had no place to stay, Their vehicle might have broken down but now with the kids in the house we do not do that anymore. I know my husband still goes out on the weekends and visits at the nearest gas station where quite a few homeless meet. I am sure he buys them dougnuts but I never really ask him.. I am just glad he does it. Well I best be off to bed I am up later than usual tonight.