Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i just came back from the doctor's office from where I had the 3cc's that were put in my band at the time of surgery removed. Last night was a nightmare. I had regurgitation all night and couldnt even keep Water down. I will admit that I did try to eat a piece soft turkey meat and I believe it got stuck. So this morning I had to get the band emptitied and immediately I was okay.

before the incident I did notice that i would burp after each sip of my Protein Shakes and sometimes my Jello would even get stuck so maybe this was the best for me at the moment.

I go back in 3 weeks for a fill and so we will try this again but I did loose 9 lbs this week...YEAH

I am so glad my doctor didn't "pre-fill" my band at surgery! I've heard so many people who have a few ccs in their band as of the day of surgery who have similar problems. I will say that you really should not have tried to eat the turkey unless your doctor had already advanced you all the way to solid food. Poultry is tough to get down even for me (3 months out). Combine that with the fact that you most likely still have post-op swelling and it's no surprise that the turkey was a problem. Glad you're feeling better, though.

I had mind hunger, if that makes since. I knew I shouldnt have done it but i did it anyways. I have learned my lesson and will not do that again.

So before you got your first fill, how much had you lost?

Thank you.

weight.png

Edited by therylme

I just had my band emptitied on Monday. I was throwing up everything even in mouth at night when I was sleepin I felt like crap..I have had my band a year and I am happy with my weight and I feared I would gain weight but I have had so much energy That I am not even worried about it anymore I feel so much better. I am glad you went in earlier I waited almost a month and I felt like I was wasting away...becareful On the turkey :crying:

wow I am super surprised that you had that many cc's put in at surgery time. It takes a period of time to get used to the textures and amount that you can eat with each fill. Shame on that doctor! Glad you're feeling ok now though with the unfill. :-)

I can't imagine having a fill during surgery! I'm still recovering... my doc doesn't fill it until at least one month post-op.

I hope your doc reiterated to you that you should NOT eat ahead of his post op diet (ie the turkey)

Many docs (mine doesn't but many do) put a small fill in during surgery so that as you heal and can eat real food you have a little restriction and don't freak out (as I did...as many of us do when we realize we are able to eat ANYTHING)

So I think your doc was probably trying to help you and you ate ahead of the game and hurt yourself. I know you must've felt terrible; it hurts to have food stuck.

Just follow your surgeon's directions from here on and you'll probably be fine. My doc told me that patients advancing their diets too quickly is a major cause of slippage so you're really lucky! :crying:

I've had my band filled in surgery as well, and unfilled 10 days later after hospitalization for dehydration. I have been unfilled for almost 3 months and have lost a total of 35 lbs. It's possible to keep losing without your band being filled. :crying:

I was shocked to find out that my dr had put in a 6cc fill at surgery time, in a 10cc band.. BUT, i've had no problems what so ever!! still on mushy diet, and all mushies have went down just fine..after a few bites, i'm full but no pain or anything!

I was shocked to find out that my dr had put in a 6cc fill at surgery time, in a 10cc band.. BUT, i've had no problems what so ever!! still on mushy diet, and all mushies have went down just fine..after a few bites, i'm full but no pain or anything!

Well as long as you're not too swollen etc I can see how you wouldn't have problems because you are on liquids and "sliders" (Mushie things are sliders...not the ONLY sliders, but sliders nevertheless)

Just be very careful to follow the "rules" as you progress to solids (chew things to mush, small bites, no liquids with meals etc) and you should end up losing from the start but not having issues. Good luck!

IM much better today. I can actually drink the Water I need to and I am really trying to stay focused on just drinking the liquids and not straying. I had Soup yesterday and it went down well but I was able to eat more than I would have liked.