Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Friggin Confused - Meal Help Please!

I am at almost 1 mo post op and allowed mushies - so this is basically what I am doing:

Two scrambled eggs in the morning

Grilled chicken Breat or Salmon Filet for lunch with maybe a little tuna salad or straight Tuna Fish (not much four or five fork fulls)

dinner I do a fish of sorts (Salmon, Tuna, Tilapia) and maybe a couple fork fulls of mashed pototoes.

It looks like my calories are anywhere from 800-1400 depending on the day.... Does this sound okay? Anything stick out at you?

I am going under the premise that anything can be made "mushy" if I chew it 934 times prior to swallowing and I have not had the first hint of PB'ing or getting anything stuck.

Thanks all!! - What do you think?

Do you do any Protein shakes or anything?

it doesn't seem like enough Protein - I am required to get 60-70grams of protein a day.

And if you are only eating a few fork fulls - you probably not getting even close to 1000 cals a day.

I am 2-weeks post op and had my surgeon appt today - I am onto stage III and she said basically if I can blend it and chew it thoroughly there isn't much that I can not eat.

I have eaten lot's of different things - but no breads, pastas or rice.

Another good thing that I like is ground turkey with taco seasoning. It satisfies my taco bell craving without the guilt. Refried Beans are also good. Best of luck to you!

How about adding some soft steamed veggies for variety? I really enjoy cauliflower when its soft enough to mash up with my fork, a touch of butter and a shake of salt and pepper...yum. How about oatmeat for Breakfast to switch things up? Or adding a little salsa to your eggs? (which adds a ton of flavour and almost no calories)

I've never been a fan of Protein shakes and by doing a quick scan of the list (and not knowing exact quantities you are eating) I would guesstimate you're getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 60-80 grams....which is great for the mushies.

I think it looks like you're doing great and if there's 1 thing I've learned after almost 3 years with a band it's that when you find something that is working for you (not getting stuck, good nutrients, balanced meals and are steadily losing) stick with it !!!

All the best !!

Patricia

The meat isnt a mushy food but if you are a month postop then its probably fine anyway.

My doc said Protein first targeting 80grams a day. This is important as otherwise you will lose muscle and hair.

Protein shakes should help. The eggs are good. you can have more than 2.

Once you are healed you can technically eat anything you want... but you want to lose weight so you have to make good choices right? I am learning the band is a tool. I discovered I can eat french fries, wow the oil helps them go down nice! haha...but its so conter productive to my goals so im done with them.

At 4 weeks I am looking forward to a fill, starting to feel hungry.

eric

I am at almost 1 mo post op and allowed mushies - so this is basically what I am doing:

Two scrambled eggs in the morning

Grilled chicken Breat or Salmon Filet for lunch with maybe a little tuna salad or straight Tuna Fish (not much four or five fork fulls)

dinner I do a fish of sorts (Salmon, Tuna, Tilapia) and maybe a couple fork fulls of mashed pototoes.

It looks like my calories are anywhere from 800-1400 depending on the day.... Does this sound okay? Anything stick out at you?

I am going under the premise that anything can be made "mushy" if I chew it 934 times prior to swallowing and I have not had the first hint of PB'ing or getting anything stuck.

Thanks all!! - What do you think?