Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my insurance approval letter

Well ladies, got my insurance approval letter yesterday. Now all we are doing is waiting for a date. I hope dr. V's office calls soon. I think at this point...i just want a date...no matter what date so that I have an end in sight for the waiting. I'm trying to MAKE myself loose weight. Yesterday I did pretty good, only ate liquids till about 4 then had and apple. dinner was bad though. I ended up caving and eating with the family. Meatloaf and mashed taters. Sigh at least I passed on the ice cream the rest had. I'll try to do better today. Meeting my dad for coffee after my workout. His young gf left and he is all sad and moppy. Anyone know of any ladies 45-60ish range looking? LOL

Melissa

:banana CONGRATS MELISSA:banana

That is wonderful....see tihngs will start moving for you....I would give them a week from you receiveing the letter then give Bobbi a call....it want hurt. That is what I did and when she called me back she had 3 dates ready for me. You go girl...see when we meet this month I bet you will be that much closer to your surgery. Who knows maybe you and Dianne could end up being done around the same time. Oh and nots let for get Starr...she could be there with you. I am sure by the new year everyone in our little group will be banded. Well unless we have new people join us which would be great also.

Yeah! Melissa girl u are on your way. Get used to the liquids girlfriend while you can..I know it is hard but it will give you great benefits of weightloss. I am on my second week of liquids and still am not used to just drinking meals(I still say it ain't natural). Anywho I am starting to babble..but congratulations!!!

Yay Melissa!! Here ya go, now! You got the little piece of paper that's like gold to so many...an approval letter!!! Well done! Can't wait to find out your date!!

I have to go into the office on friday to do the hpylori retest and was thinking I'd take my letter then and ask. Hehe I should tell him he should do me and diane the same day...that way we can walk the halls together. Hey and why not make it a threesome, star too. :)

Melissa

:) what a great idea!! November 9th! There is one surgery before me, then mine (10:30)why not you after mine! Then he could grab a sandwich and run over to CMC for Starr!

Congrats on your date! I know it is so exciting! Maybe you'll excite me again. I've been down in the dumbs thinking about how far away it is. It's like it's never gonna get here! But I know it will.

Did you get a verbal ok or a written ok? I recieved mine before they got it so I faxed it to there office. The front fax! After they get the letter they put on on Dr V's desk, he has to sign off on it then it goes to Bobbi. Bobbi then has to coordinate with the surgical staff. Then you get the date. It took about 2 weeks for my date.

I bet your stomach is driving you nuts right now with the anxiety of that date. Once you get it you'll feel so much better!

Can't wait to hear. Hey has anyone heard from Starr?

Congrats going your way! Were you just stunned?! I still can't believe I got my approval yesterday-and they already had a date for me.

I'll be checking the posts to see how you are doing.

Good for you !!! Good luck and you will be banded and recovered and on your way to losing in no time!!! The waiting is deffinatly the hardest!! Congratulations!!!

Yippee for you Melissa, I'm so happy for you. Now you're in my boat waiting for a date. My papers are on the doctor's desk, I've been told - he just returned today. I told Dianne I'm going to request her old date 9/19 - my friend be patient. Don't be like me and call the doctor's office on Friday. Melissa again congrats.

Hello Everyone - hope all is well with you. Welcome to Mikey and congrats to you too. Talk to you guys later.

Congratulations! I'm jealous :)

LOL no one gets MY OLD DATE....lol but we could all do it on the 9th of November!

lol have a good weekend guys, I'm off to DC to meet up with some old friends, I'm getting excited!

Congrats - you'll have your band before me. You can guide me along. I'm nervous mostly about the liquid dieting... Do you know if you have to go on it for 1 week before surgery? Just curious.

I may not, I'm switching surgeons...so not sure how smooth that will go and how much longer I will have to wait. I know the new surgeon does not require a liquid diet. The previous surgeon did..it was for two weeks. The new surgeon I believe requires this for a week after surgery.

Good luck,

Melissa

I'm curious - who are you going to switch to? You can send me a private email if you'd like - jennttaurus@yahoo.com

I am hoping to have my surgery before the end of this year. I know in Oct we register for insurance benefits and this surgery is pretty popular at worlk.

Dr. Bauman, he is the only other local dr to do the lap band that I'm aware of. He is well thought of...the only reason I went with dr. V in the first place was because he was closer.

Melissa