Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else banded on 4/23? I need a pal :-)

Hello,

I got banded on 4/28 and I have some concerns. I also feel I could use some online support, maybe a banding buddy. lol

Thanks for looking.

Sammi

I was banded on April 28th also ---

Let's keep this thread going to help one another.

I feel like I am able to eat ANYTHING in ANY AMOUNT..... my will power is getting thin (but not me!!)

I was banded on 4-23. Had some early problems because my I-V came out when I was being moved from recovery to my room. Lot of swelling and the bariom would not go through the band opening until the 2nd day. Lot of froathing and throwing up during the first week. This has finally ceased. Feeling great now and able to eat mashed potatos, tuna salad and other soft foods as long as I eat small bites, chew well and eat S-L-O-W. Ozarka Water and orange koolaid were lifesavers for me during the first 10 days.

I was banded on 4-23. Had some early problems because my I-V came out when I was being moved from recovery to my room. Lot of swelling and the bariom would not go through the band opening until the 2nd day. Lot of froathing and throwing up during the first week. This has finally ceased. Feeling great now and able to eat mashed potatos, tuna salad and other soft foods as long as I eat small bites, chew well and eat S-L-O-W. Ozarka Water and orange koolaid were lifesavers for me during the first 10 days.

Sorry to hear of the problems - but glad they are starting to get better.

Did you get your band in the USA?

Just wondering -

Wow, that's too bad that you were throwing up. Frankly, I am not surprised though, if you are already eating some foods. You are not healed inside yet. My sugeon does nothing byt bariatric surgery- has his own big practice & has done 500 lapbands. He says that the band needs to "get scared in really well" before you start eating anything solid at all. . .

I was on a liquid diet for 2 weeks before and after my surgery. (Clear liquid ONLY the day of surgery.) I am now on pureed diet only for 2 weeks, and then will go on soft foods diet for 2 weeks before I can even eat anything regular...I also don't understand why they gave you barium after surgery. No wonder your threw up, from the anesthesia. . . Hang in there, though! ...I am excited. I have already lost 19.2 lbs since I started my liquid diet 2 weeks before surgery- yahoo!

My surgeon recommended putting something on the incision sites, AFTER the strips came off. She said it helps the site heal and possibly minimize the scar.

HELP -

OK - so for the last week I have been on the mushy stage and I haven't felt any restriction at all. But I have been keeping to very small portions.

Well, last night - I ate TOO MUCH of a good thing and I had the WORST pain in my abdomen area. WOW - I think it was heartburn/gas..........took some TUMS and after about an hour or so, I had some massive burps and the pain subsided.

I guess I DO have some restriction.......or something.

I have an appointment already with my Surgeon tomorrow ------- so I will tell her the story -

Hello and thanks for replying. I made a mistake, I got banded the 23, but that's just a technicality. lol First off, none of my bandages have fallen off, though I have painstakingly been working on loosening them before my first DR's appt tomorrow, have yours fallen off? I have been constipated (sorry about this part) and finalloy got permission to take a laxative (I had been doing the stool softener route). I am also having rouble getting those Unjury Protein Drinks down the last 4 days, and I'm still awfully swollen above the largest inscision site. Now while all these things are happening, I surprisingly don't feel all that bad. How are you feeling? Sammi

my strips are ALL off - I had 5.

Hello there!

First off I am not sure how this site exactly works, maybe you could help. I hit quote as a reply to you but what do the other reply optons mean? Such as multi?

I am still very swollen about the largest incsion, the DR fixed a hernia at the surgery, but I am wondering if this is normal? I am having trouble going to the bathroom as well (so sorry if this is too much info), nutrtionist says (over phone) that I am not drinking enough liquids, but I am having trouble fitting them in. How is that working for you? So far I have never been sick, thank God. Please let me know how you ae doing?

Thanks a bunch!

Samantha