Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months since last fill, now fill to tight? WTH?

I got my first fill 1/10/09, I have lost 14pds, since then. I for the past few weeks, have been under a huge amount of stress and have noticed that I cant eat anything at all in the morning, barely anything if the afternoon, hardly anything by dinner and can maybe muster a later night dinner/snack. I have been throwing up I would say an average of 3-4 times a week. Not from not chewing my food well, it comes up like mush like I ate it like mush. Its aweful. I was out to dinner tonight, at 8pm. Had a drink then 2 ribs.. and about 5-10mins after eating the two small ribs, I had to run to the bathroom to throw up. I am starting to feel like a bulimic. I can barely eat and when I do its so uncomfortable, that sometimes I have to throw up. How in the world after almost 5 months after getting a fill, how am I too tight now? I thought it was suspose to get looser as I lost weight, not tighter? Plus I am hungry all the time.. of course I am, I cant eat?! ;) I dont doubt that my stress is a cause, but has anyone else experienced this? I am calling the MD tomorrow, talk with them on this. I dont want to starve myself thin, no thank you.

Sounds like you are to tight and need to have some Fluid removed. Also it is not good to keep throwing up as that might cause a band to slip and/or stomach to go into another postion and cause problems like reflux and other issues. I would go in and see him/her right away.

Chris

Yea I kinda figured I was too tight. Its just weird, that suddenly after being fill about 4 months ago, its NOW too tight? Thats the WTH, part of it? I dont like throwing up I dont it one bit! ;)

stress definitely makes your band tighter. This morning before you eat try drinking some hot tea or coffee about 1/2 an hr before you eat. Some times it will help loosen it up. Definitely call your Dr. today. Keep us posted. Good luck

I was filled jan 6/09 and like you suddenly was throwing up and not able to eat. ( Lost 30 so also thought it should be looser) I had a defil of 1.5 last wed . I was told it had to do with the change in the weather.

I had the same problem! They took out .10 cc and I was fine! I would have your doctor take some Fluid out. Throwing up your food is not a good thing! You want to keep all of the nutrition that you can get. Plus throwing up will make you lose weight fast but it will also increase your chance of sagging skin. It is best to not go through that. Good luck to you! :frown: