Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 months,60 lbs down & losing steam....

I'm 6 months out and have lost 60 lbs.I have 5.25 cc's in my band.Somedays I'm restricted and can eat normally other days I feel out of control and can eat WAY to much!! I feel like I'm losing steam and eating way to much stuff that I should not eat.Does it sound like I need a fill or just a swift kick in the butt?? I want to keep going but it's hard somedays...any advice??;)

I have the same exact problem, one day it's so tight that Water hurts going down and other days I can eat pizza. I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks but I know I can't take another fill. I think I need a kick in the butt!

I'm 6 months out and have lost 60 lbs.I have 5.25 cc's in my band.Somedays I'm restricted and can eat normally other days I feel out of control and can eat WAY to much!! I feel like I'm losing steam and eating way to much stuff that I should not eat.Does it sound like I need a fill or just a swift kick in the butt?? I want to keep going but it's hard somedays...any advice??;)

even though u have been eating bad stuff from time to time..are u still seeing the weight come off consistently??? if u are then maybe ur eating the bad stuff in moderation...which is what we are supposed to eventually learn with the band...right?? and from what it looks like u been droppin what....10lbs a month or something??? or did u loose a lump sum amount in one mnth? either way ur doing good...i know this is hard..i havent got my band yet, but im already setting myself for the rough times....but yes i agree with u..u probably need to kick ur butt back on track, but if ur loosing while eating a not so healthy meal, i would continue to eat those foods, BUT only in moderation...like once a week or something...i see on ur ticker u got 36 lbs more to go..so im projecting u will get to it...before year end....i bet u!! lol before u know it, it will be october and you'll be pushing 160 lbs....

Thanks guys for the words of wisdom!! Yah I did lose almost 30 lbs off the start and the last couple of months has been 4-5 lbs a month...I know I really need to get serious about exercising and realize the weight is not just going to magically fall off..(darn it!!) lol :frown: I think I've just slipped slowly back into some of the old habits!! I'm starting fresh today to pull back in the reigns!! Thanks for all the help..Good luck to you guys too!!:thumbup:

even though u have been eating bad stuff from time to time..are u still seeing the weight come off consistently??? if u are then maybe ur eating the bad stuff in moderation...which is what we are supposed to eventually learn with the band...right?? and from what it looks like u been droppin what....10lbs a month or something??? or did u loose a lump sum amount in one mnth? either way ur doing good...i know this is hard..i havent got my band yet, but im already setting myself for the rough times....but yes i agree with u..u probably need to kick ur butt back on track, but if ur loosing while eating a not so healthy meal, i would continue to eat those foods, BUT only in moderation...like once a week or something...i see on ur ticker u got 36 lbs more to go..so im projecting u will get to it...before year end....i bet u!! lol before u know it, it will be october and you'll be pushing 160 lbs....

Your doing great on your own w/o the band!! Your really gonna kick some butt when u get banded!! That's great!!You had some valuable insight for me too!! Thanks,good luck on your journey!!:frown:

When you eat too much are you eating solid Protein or food that goes through the band easily? If you are eating too much solid Protein or even foods like Pasta or pizza then I would say that you need a fill. If you are eating too much ice cream or chips or chicken tenders dipped in ranch then you need a good kicking.

I just learned a big lesson myself about the way the band should work. It is meant to work if you eat solid protein first, then veggies and then carbs. The only way to know for sure is to go back to the basics and follow the band rules. If you do that and are still eating too much then get a fill.

Also, weight loss for everyone is different but it usually slows down after a while. Don't get discouraged.

Good luck!

When you eat too much are you eating solid Protein or food that goes through the band easily? If you are eating too much solid Protein or even foods like Pasta or pizza then I would say that you need a fill. If you are eating too much ice cream or chips or chicken tenders dipped in ranch then you need a good kicking.

I just learned a big lesson myself about the way the band should work. It is meant to work if you eat solid protein first, then veggies and then carbs. The only way to know for sure is to go back to the basics and follow the band rules. If you do that and are still eating too much then get a fill.

Also, weight loss for everyone is different but it usually slows down after a while. Don't get discouraged.

Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up! Your right,sometimes it is slider foods but sometimes it's solid food too....So I think it's a combo of maybe needing a slight fill and also using some good old fashion restraint!! lol :tongue2:My doc has been very slow with my fills the last one I felt pretty good restriction at first and then lately I'm like wow I can eat that?? so I dont know if I lost some of myrestriction or I'm just pushing the limit's!! But thanks for the advice it really helps.......your doing a great job btw!!:frown: