Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my seminar, and got pretty much approved for the surgery through insurance, i scheduled my consultation, where i will do my official weigh in for insurance. I was 260 just last week, and my eating habits haven't even changed, but i'm loosing weight i've lost 6 pounds this week and i know i will just gain it right back but i getter gain it back before my freaking consultation!!! i'm right on the edge of 40 BMI but i should be able to get approved with 35 or above because i have PCOS. any advice or thoughts?

Your weight can fluctuate quite a bit based on a lot of factors, including hormones/time of the month, what you ate a couple of days ago, amount of salt (or lack thereof) over a short period of time, and being female -- just for the heck of it, I swear! LOL. For me, pre-surgery, it would only have taken a supersized quarterpounder with cheese and fries to gain 3 pounds overnight (probably as much all the salt on the fries as anything else). So, don't go crazy eating but don't cut back, and take a bottle of Water with you and drink it just before you go in for your appointment.

I had my seminar, and got pretty much approved for the surgery through insurance, i scheduled my consultation, where i will do my official weigh in for insurance. I was 260 just last week, and my eating habits haven't even changed, but i'm loosing weight i've lost 6 pounds this week and i know i will just gain it right back but i getter gain it back before my freaking consultation!!! i'm right on the edge of 40 BMI but i should be able to get approved with 35 or above because i have PCOS. any advice or thoughts?

Don't go trying to gain it back I'm sure you will get approved but if still alittle nervous just put a couple of rolls of quarters in your pockets/bra before you have to weigh!

Good Luck!

Don't go trying to gain it back I'm sure you will get approved but if still alittle nervous just put a couple of rolls of quarters in your pockets/bra before you have to weigh!

Good Luck!

I used 4, 8 ounce fishing weights in my bra(be sure and wrap them in something you don't want the lead against your skin) and pockets and drank water... and slouched a smidge because My BMI was on the edge and I didn't want to take a chance!

good luck and don't sweat.

thank you guys for your advice! I'm already starting to go back up, so thats good. i really do think it was just Water weight or something, but i'm definitely going to have a hamburger or something before my consult! heh. it may be wrong in some sense but i'm not letting a couple pounds, stand in the way of my entire life.

Hi- I had the exact same issue, the exact same BMI (40) that I was tottering around with. At one consultation, my weight had dropped me to a BNI of 39. I pressed them about it and they said I could hit 35 if I have a co- morbidity, I have sleep Apnea. I don't know what you have and not familiar with that acrostic, but I was told not to worry. Everything went fine with insurance for me. Beth

well i reweighed last night after a night of eating i was 260.0 right on the dot haha. so i'll just hope that that'll be my weight on the 19th. oh and for you BMAZ pcos is polycystic ovary syndrome

I think you should not worry and whatever happens happens for a reason. Remember, you want better health first and foremost. I'm sure six pounds will not matter.

weight.png

Miranda- When I was in the middle of "Oh my gosh, I'm going to be ineligible due to taking off these 5 lbs," I kept telling the nurse to order me in some cheesecake- QUICK! Then I got to thinking about what a good time I'd have actually trying to GAIN weight! Thus my journey....straight into disgust and nausea! I just could not do it- I figured out that I've come to far..... THAT'S MY HA HA Beth

I wouldn't recommend trying to deliberately regain the weight. The fact that you have PCOS (a co-morbidity) and only have to have a BMI of 35 or more due to the PCOS says you're safe. Why not enjoy six fewer pounds? :)

Sorry- I couldn't gain it back. I tried but that old behavior was sickening to me, both physically and emotionally. I kept pressing the bariatric co-ordinator who said not to worry about it. That answer has never worked for me, not one time! So I kept expressing my concern and she gave me the BMI 35 with co-morbidity protocol. No problem with insurance after all. Beth