Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all! I don't know where to start:eek:, but here I go. I am a working Mother of 3, I am Happily Married:tongue:. I am having Lapband Surgery on May 21, 2009:w00t:. I am starting to get very nervous!

I was on another board and seen a lady's story that is very similiar to mine and she suggested this board/forum. I don't know her but would really like to start to get to know her so heather006 or something like that I came here from the other board in search of more info cause you suggested this as being more for Lapband patients! :glare:

Thanks!

Dayna

Hello, Dayna.

I'm also from PA, the Poconos. Congrats on your surgery date. I'm scheduled for June 1. So one more week before i start liquid diet.

Good luck

Trisha

It's 110% normal to feel nervous. If you've never had surgery, that can make you quite nervous. Let us know what's worrying you and I'm sure we can answer your questions and, hopefully, allay your fears.

Hi, I'm new too. Just went for my pre-op yesterday in Beverly Hills. It was a very busy place, little too busy for me. They had me waiting for my ekg in the room where everyone goes after surgery. I left without making an appt. I'm waiting until Mon. to make a decision on wether or not to go through with it. Can anyone tell me how hard it is going to be the first week?

I haven't had mine yet (June 1), but my daughter has. She flew to Houston on Sunday night, went to the doctor's little video-thing, had surgery on Tuesday, flew back to NYC on Friday and worked Saturday. But I will say it's something you have to really want to do because it is a life-changing relationship with food. But if all you're worried about is the first week, well, in my way of thinking ...what's one week versus the rest of your life. But I've had 7 months to prepare because of the program my ins. co. requires and 15 months of watching/listening to my daughter's post-op progress. So if it's moving all too fast for you, then that's a decision you have to make. Maybe you haven't gotten all the answers to all the questions you might have.

Good luck on your decision. by the way, whereabouts are you in PA?

Trisha

I'm in Central NY not too far from the PA line. My doc takes 4-6 mo. to get us through the process, and I'm so glad he did - so I had time to really wrap my brain around the change. One of the folks in our support group had a doc 10 years ago that did a visit, and surgery the week following, without a lot of follow-up. Definitely do all your homework so you know what to expect, and the nutritional path to follow for the best results.

I'm 2 hours north of Pittsburgh. I have done the 6 months with the doctor and all that. I am ready I guess I am just nervous about the whole thing. I am definately ready to change! thanks for the replies ladies and I can't wait read more about each of you!

Thanks for the input. I live in Los Angeles, California. Land of the "beautiful" people. I've got 70 lbs. to lose and they are not comming off. Since I have tried everything else this seems to be the way. I was in a hurry to have the surgery but now I think I'll wait and learn a bit more. Thanks, ThreeCats

Three Cats, didn't mean to discourage you at all. But if it means taking a month, do your research, maybe go to a support group which I'm sure they're in your area, if for nothing else but to make an informed decision. I'm at 70-80 lbs but my daughter has done it already. So I really have great support and a great source of knowlege because she really did a lost research before doing hers. There's a book by Mohammed Ali's daughter who has had the band. I think it's called Fighting Weight. It's a pretty informative book, written by her with her surgeons. I have no doubts about this being the right thing for me, but that's not to say I'm not nervous, but mainly just about the first few weeks after surgery, after that I have no fears.

any questions that you have you, no doubt, can find them here. My hospital had a support group for bariatric patients. Unfortunately, it was mostly bypass patients, which have different issues to deal with but not one of them regretted going through their procedure.

You'll know when and if it's right for you and when you're ready to commit to the life change. But with my daughter, we still go out and eat, went to Olive Garden for Mother's Day, but only ordered and appetizer and an entree, and brought enough back home for another meal. She's a cheap date these dates. lol.

So good luck on making your decision!!

Trisha