Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

going insane....

Guest christinebaby26

Guest christinebaby26

hey everyone i am going to the dr. ren on tuesday where i will finally find out my surgery date.....although i am soo excited i am extremely scared at the same time a friend of mine who recommended this site is having her surgery on friday and i am so nervous about what she just went through with the strict liquid diet....she is holding herself together so well and i am so scared that i wont be able to hold myself together and what if i just get so frustrated and i start to eat everything in site i mean lets face it if i was any good at dieting i would have been skinny by now....so how am i supposed to stay motivated on this strict liquid diet for 2 weeks and not be able to eat anything with any real taste for 2 weeks before the surgery and 2 weeks after....also alot of my friends are telling me im crazy for even wanting to have this surgery done ...they said im giving up my whole life but to be honest i dont feel that way and its hard to explain but if i was forced to give up all this crap and junk i eat on a daily basis i think i would be alot thinner and healthier so i think im making the right decision by having this surgery but everyone else thinks im insane...am i? why is food the downfall for the way we look?

current weight 220 lbs

goal weight 140 lbs

I've had the same issues and my mother keeps saying to me "this is for the rest of your life". Well, duh! And what do I want the rest of my life to be, to be a fat, lethargic person controlled by food or to be healthy and energetic. Who cares if I cant eat this or that? It's taken me a loooooooong time to get that straight in my head though.

I'm terrified I wont be fat enough and I'll be too healthy when I go to the surgeon tomorrow. If I cant get this done, I really dont fancy the thought of another year or two getting fatter till I do qualify!

You'll be fine, just take as long as you need to really think it through, dont be afraid to change your mind a few times and eventually you will feel its the right thing.

The liquid diet part is temporary. The rest of it isn't so bad. Just keep in mind the REASONS for the liquid diet. It's not about losing wieght, and it's not about torture. It's about HEALING. The liquid diet is so that your stomach doesn't have to work and move and churn, so that the stitches holding the band in place can heal. Keep THAT in mind, and I think the liquid diet is easier.

;)

Of course this whole process is for life, and you can't live if you don't take care of yourself. Being morbidly obese and being a smoker caused me a heart attack, quadruple bypass, cancer of the uterus, hysterectomy, and my gall bladder need to be removed. And those are just the biggies, I also have diabetes, sleep apnea, difficulty breathing, and constant joint pain. The big things happened to me when I was only 38 years old. Being 49 now, I am really pushing my luck for seeing anything much past 50. Yeah, I am glad this is for the rest of my life and I hope to live to a ripe old age.

Cindy

JUmp in the waters are fine:0)

So you are going to have to BE VERY strong for a couple weeks out of your life for the liquid stage. So what?! You CAN DO THIS. Once your do DO THIS you will have a new found control that has not ever been with you before. That my friend is the pot of gold on the end of the rainbow!

Just remeber there are highs & lows- I must be in one of the low periods b/c I just haven't been able to lose lately. But I know I will soon & the upside is I am not gaining either:0)