Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

subway wrap ?

should i be able to eat a whole wrap from subway... it is smaller than an average wrap but i still think i shoulnt be able to eat the whole thing... i have restriction but i can eat alot before it kicks in.... actually after the first few bites i feel it and then it goes away and i can eat alot more....dont get me wrong not as much as i used to eat but alot more than i feel i should be eating... i have an appointment on monday for another fill but i am scared since i do have restriction....has anyone else been like this where they feel the feeling of restriction but not soon enough???.i know i am babbaling so if anyone knows what i am talking about please HELP!!!!

As a general rule I just try to eat until I feel full. I know.......this coming from someone who doesn't have a fill yet. But I try not to go by what someone else's standards are of what I "should" and "shouldn't" be able to eat.

Only you know your body, and if you don't feel truly full, then I say keep eating until you do. If you listen carefully enough, your body will let you know when it's done.

dont get me wrong not as much as i used to eat but alot more than i feel i should be eating.

Just because you can doesnt mean you should...

Look for that full signal, because you wont get full like you did before. Look for a hiccup, runny nose, pain in the shoulder, etc..for me it is an icecream headache and then I know I'm full

If you have restriction then why are you getting another fill? Are you still losing 1-3 lbs a week? Read this site it will help you becasue sometimes it is not a band adjustment we need but an attitude adjustment. I have restriction and I know I do not need another fill..my scale has not moved in a long time its not from lack of restriction, it is from lack of following the rules and self control.. I know this, and I know I need to get back on track.

http://lapbandtransformation.com/Adjustments.htm

I can eat one of those wraps. Oddly enough I have to eat it from the inside out, and I could probably due with just tossing the wrap part after I eat the insides, and sometimes I do, but sometimes I eat the whole thing. I usually get the turkey one, with veggies, and nofat honey mustard. It's about 300 calories altogether, so I don't beat myself up for it.

Just because you can doesnt mean you should...

Look for that full signal, because you wont get full like you did before. Look for a hiccup, runny nose, pain in the shoulder, etc..for me it is an icecream headache and then I know I'm full

If you have restriction then why are you getting another fill? Are you still losing 1-3 lbs a week? Read this site it will help you becasue sometimes it is not a band adjustment we need but an attitude adjustment. I have restriction and I know I do not need another fill..my scale has not moved in a long time its not from lack of restriction, it is from lack of following the rules and self control.. I know this, and I know I need to get back on track.

http://lapbandtransformation.com/Adjustments.htm

i am not losing nearly 1-3 pounds a week maybe 1-3 pounds a month!!!.. i know my signal which is a runny nose and it is not happening until i eat alot which is why i am so confused as weather or not to get a fill...i do have restriction but not until i have eaten way more than a bandster should eat...and really i cant remember when i lost more than 3 pounds in a months time...so am i crazy to get a fill?? i am very confused!! as for an attitude ajustment i am eating healthy and exersizing at leat 30 min every day that is why it is so frustrating... i very rarly eat anything bad !!! and like i said i never go a day without at least 30 min on the treadmill...HELP!!!

How many fills have you had my doctor said that it takes 4 to 5 fills to get restriction I experience that to restriction then not restriction like 15 minutes later some foods experience right away not a foolproof thing but like they said a tool definetly am eating less than I did. some days better than others would like to lose faster but as long as I don't gain back what I lose happy when you first get the fill it is tight for like two to three weeks then it loosens up judge by what you feel is right for you you are the one who ultimately know how your body feels. good luck

Maybe you aren't eating enough? Are you getting 1200 calories? Sometimes Less is not more.... If you aren't giving your body what it thinks it needs then it will just cling to every little thing that you eat.

"but not until I have eaten way more than a Bandster should eat" - ok and how much is that? Please try to remember that everybody is different. If the scale is still moving in the right direction - even if it is moving slowly - then you are still ok.

Also - look for NSV's - If you are exercising 30 minutes a day, maybe you are gaining some muscle mass - which would offset fat that you have lost. The scale could read the same number while your body is actually getting smaller. How are your clothes fitting?

The fill choice is up to you - but I have seen lots of posts from people with too-tight fills and it doesn't seem to be any fun. Are you having the fill under Flouro?

You seem to have had great success since April... it could just be Jack's Old Fat Theory: Those last 30 pounds have been around. They are wiley and they will fight for their lives... and you will have to just keep chipping away at them.

You have done GREAT!! 42 pounds since April is nothing to sneeze at. Slow and Steady wins the race. (Oh - and when I come whining to the board in 6 mos because I think it's going too slowly - feel free to quote this post at me.)

:]

LOL Rene i will look for your whining in 6 months...i probably could eat more but everytime i do i gain a pound... i definatly could be gaining muscle... i feel like my cloths have been the same for at least a month now and so has the scale so i really dont know... i definatly dont want to be too tight... i do get a fill under floro so i am going to keep my appointment and see what my doctor says...i will be able to see how tight i really am... i only had one fill but suprisingly i had restriction right away...but as i said i feel most of that is gone now

How many calories are you eating? Keep in mind it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound of fat, so it's highly unlikely that when the scale goes up a little that you've actually gained fat. I weigh every day, and every day the scale says something different. If it's within 3 or 4 lbs of my lowest weight, I don't let it get to me. I do not lose every month. Then I'll lose 3 or 4 lbs altogether, and then I wont lose for another few weeks or so.

:)

How many calories are you eating? Keep in mind it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound of fat, so it's highly unlikely that when the scale goes up a little that you've actually gained fat. I weigh every day, and every day the scale says something different. If it's within 3 or 4 lbs of my lowest weight, I don't let it get to me. I do not lose every month. Then I'll lose 3 or 4 lbs altogether, and then I wont lose for another few weeks or so.

:)

so if it isnt fat then why is the scale going up???.. i just feel like i am really struggling not to eat too much and i didnt think i would have to do that with the band... i know it is a tool but the point is to eat less and stay full longer and at this point that is not happening anymore and that is why i feel i need a fill... but the fact is that i do have restriction and that is why i am so confused... if i ate enough to really feel full at every meal i would be gaining weight not losing... i am struggling every day with hunger and i could do that without the band !!!!

Are there any more warning signs that you are full? I never get any of those. One time when we went out to eat my chest started burning a little so I quit eating. I figured it was trying to tell me something.

Carrie

7/25/05

222/206/125

It's all about Water. WAY WAY too many things can make you retain Water. Or lose a bunch of water really quick. Or whatever happens. I weight "225" What that really means is that on any given day, I weight somewhere between 225 and 228, but 225 is the lowest. I bounce around all over the place for a few weeks, and then start to bounce downward. I'll bounce to 224 one day, but I wont report the loss until I see it a few more times, and know it's "real".

If you are struggling with hunger, then you do need a fill. Just be careful not to get too tight. And be sure that you are eating ENOUGH. If you aren't eating enough you are struggling with hunger because you really do need to eat.

Carrie, I'm not sure what warning signs you are aware of, so I don't know what "other" ones to tell you. I know that for me, my full sign is not a 'new' feeling, it's an old feeling that I always had preband, but I was translating it wrong. It used to mean to me "Wow, this is good, I want more", and now it's "that was good, you're done now". So make sure you aren't just looking for a NEW sign, but listening to old ones as well. :(

I thought I was going to love the Subway Wrap. I used to LOVEEEEEE Subway! So the wrap got me excited. I can't do fresh bread anymore. :( Well, as it turns out I can't do the wraps either. The "wrap" is too doughy and too much. Oh well.