Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A fill CAN be too much of a good thing!!

Hey Hotties!!

I haven't been online in a while, so I thought I'd share the reason why.... I had my first episode of becoming VERY sick. I got a fill last Monday for a total of 6cc's in my 12 cc band. I was feeling great until Sunday afternoon (almost a week later). I just could NOT hold anything down. food, soft foods, liquids NOTHING!

I started vomiting and it didn't stop. I also started getting really bad tightness and chest pains. I knew it had to be that my stomach was aggigated from all of the vomiting, needless to say though, I thought it would pass. I stayed up all night Sunday and all morning Monday, completely miserable. I called my nurse twice and my surgeon once and left messages, but they didn't return my call until I was already taking action.

I called my hubby at work and had him take me to the ER.

I'm glad I went, I was dehydrated and needed to have the Fluid removed from my band.

Finally about 6 hours into the ER, they decided to admit me because I still seemed pretty washed out.

Well, I just got home a few hours ago (THANK GOD) and am feeling much better, but I just wanted to pass along a warning to all my fellow bandsters...

You know you're body and you know when something is not right. Be careful with your fills and if something doesn't feel right within a couple of days, take action and do not wait. My thought was that my Dr. is always a month out for scheduling so that I wouldn't be able to get in anyway, but ALL doctor's set aside time for cases like this.

TRUST ME, you do not want to get sick like this, it sucked!!!

I hope you all are doing well and I'm happy to see that so many of you are meeting goal!! Congrats!!

Take care hotties!!

Kawasaki, so sorry to hear of your troubles, but so glad you took action and got it taken care of. Hopefully after you heal, you can go back and start over with your fills. I've only had 2 fills and don't go for my third until June 3. I currently have 5 ccs in a 10 cc band and have little to no restriction now (it's been about 2 weeks after my fill and I did feel great restriction at first). Did they put you liquids for a week or so? I know I've heard that it's important to heal your stomach after that kind of trauma. Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing your story, as it's something we may all face in the future. Congratulations with your weight loss! You've done fantastic!! Linda

Kawasaki, so sorry to hear of your troubles, but so glad you took action and got it taken care of. Hopefully after you heal, you can go back and start over with your fills. I've only had 2 fills and don't go for my third until June 3. I currently have 5 ccs in a 10 cc band and have little to no restriction now (it's been about 2 weeks after my fill and I did feel great restriction at first). Did they put you liquids for a week or so? I know I've heard that it's important to heal your stomach after that kind of trauma. Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing your story, as it's something we may all face in the future. Congratulations with your weight loss! You've done fantastic!! Linda

Yes, he put me on liquids for 5 days, I'm just starting to eat reg foods again! I can go back next week to have another fill, but I'm kind of apprehensive and still have restriction, so I may wait a couple of weeks.

Speaking of loss...WOW! 61 pounds!! Share your secrets girl!! That is AWESOME! CONGRATS! I am dibbling in the 30 lb. range still, I think it's bc I am lifting weights at the gym now...