Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Chat

Anyone wanna join in please do. It would be nice :(

Hope you are all enjoying your Labor Day :D

Some one at this site, whom shall remain nameless told me to go out and have a big ol greasy cheeseburger today (since I'm seeing the surgeon tomorrow LOL), anotherwords, get it while I can lol. I didn't, I had a big ol fattening salad today and a baked tater (of course it has butter & sour cream on it, you nuts?). I'm so full I think I'm done eating for the day lol.

I took DD to the Turtleback Zoo today. MAN, I never realize that, that zoo was all hills, I mean HILLS !!! My 4 year old was like "WHOLEY FISH PASTE MOM" lol. I told DH that next year this time, he's gonna have a hard time keeping up with me. Dispite the hills, this fattie did pretty darn good :P

What did you all do today? How are the diets going along and exercise? is everyone shakin their booty?

Chime in, lets chat.

For the first time in weeks the scale was not physically assaulted today. Only had to get on once for an acceptable reading.

We went out and took advantage of a couple of sales today.

NJChick, please make sure you tell them where who sent you. I am looking forward to getting on his Christmas card list this year!

And don't forget to wear the big clunky shoes for the weigh-in. That way, you're weight loss before the surgery while on liquids (or whatever your doc does) will be that much more dramatic.

Good luck, tomorrow my Sister in Crime.

:]

In this case you will be better off having a nice big guilt-ridden meal on the way to the office. They don't use a regular scale, they use a body fat analyzer, which means that you have to get on bare-foot.

I posted this once before, but so that you don't have to search for it, here it is again. You will get a print-out of all your numbers every time you go to the office.

If your doctor uses a Tanita Body Composition Analyzer, and you are given a copy of the print-out, you may be interested in these terms:

BMR - Basal Metabolic Rate. This is the minimum number of calories you need to sustain your current weight. This includes resting and sleeping.

BIA- Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis. This is the process of measuring the electrical

resistance across your body to make body fat calculations in conjuction with

other factors such as height and weight. Impedance is a factor because the

the more Water you have the less impedance there is (water conducts electricity

fairly well) muscle goes in conjuction with the Water, as opposed to fat which

does not pass electricity well, thus creating resistance or impedance. As your fat

goes away, the impedance reading will decrease.

FAT% - The percentage of your body that is fat.

FAT MASS - This is how many pounds of your body is fat.

FFM - Fat Free Mass. This is how many pounds of your body is not fat.

TBW - Total Body Water. This is the how many pounds of your body is water. This may be expressed in pounds or as a percentage.

The average % for a healthy adult male is 50-65% and for female 45-60%.

Oh, one more thing: Be sure to wear something that makes you look as large as possible. They will take a picture tomorrow, and when you compare it to the future pictures you will want the change to be as dramatic as possible.

Beanie sis, Ivan will testify that I should NOT wear big shoes LOL ;) but I hear where your coming from, I'll put some rolled up quarters in my pocket. How are you doing ? Watcha do today?

Ivan, anything I wear makes me look large, one thing about being fat is, you can't hide it. He doesn't make you get nakkkkid does he LOLOL. Lordy. So tell me the method behind your madness???? what do you get out of recommending people? Free coupons to the cheese Cake Factory, huh huh tell me tell me tell me !

Okay so they are going to measure the fat oozing out of me, then what?

WTG !!! on the weight loss Ivan, you deserve it :)

Whats everyone doing this week? any plans? I'm on vacation this week :D we're not going anywhere, I'm a hermit and love to be home.

I was just kidding... I don't think he needs me to bring in business.

I know your just bustin my bawls ;) But I will tell him anyway :)

Well today is the day, the BIG day I get to meet Da Man !!! jeepers I hope he doesn't have a piece of his lunch stuck in his teeth or has a big ol mole right between his eyes. You know how hard it would be for me to focus?

Ivan, you never told me what you bought shopping yesterday.... leave it to a man to leave out such important information :D

After the zoo, we had lunch, then I ran into Kmart to get DD some undies, socks and some t'shirts that were on sale. They had cool Water bottles in the kiddie section so I grabed 2 of them. You see if I get one for myself, my 4 year old will take ownership in about 10 seconds from time of eye contact.

Whats eveyone doing today?

Where's LISA ???? Oh Lisa, where for art thou ? We miss you.

Beanie girl, whatcha do today?

Ira, whats shakin toots?

The surgeon's visit went okay today, he said I should just make it with the insurance companies approving me. I mean that bmi machine thingy said I had 85 lbs to lose, but in reality its more like 95 - 100 lbs easy, with a bmi of 37.1. I just don't get it, my bp and chol is high, my spine is messed up, and I have arthritis. But to them this is healthy ??? I walked out feeling like sheesh, I'm being punished b/c I'm healthy..... I know they haven't submitted it yet to the insurance companies and this is premature from my end of it, I just can't help what I felt when I walked out. The sadness was way to real and disturbing.

I should just squeek by... lordy be **shaking head** Even with a history of obesity since I'm 6 years old...sheesh louise.

Please pray that I get approved. This is gonna mentally break me if I don't :)

I do try to be really upbeat and happy go lucky, so forgive me for being such a downer today.

Since I'm not banded yet, I'd love some cheese and crackers to go with my WHINE!!! Soft spread garlic flavor please LOLOL ;)

Buck up, Lil' Buckaroo... If all else fails you can finance and go to TJ... I heard that Co-morbidity allows a BMI of down to 35 - so as your doc says - you should just make it.

I know about the Too Healthy thing. Who could have known that I would EVER wish for High Blood Pressure or High Cholesterol?? What insanity is this?

My BMI is in the high 50's - so I am hoping they will see the necessity for the surgery even without lots of co-morbs. I would PREFER to get this whole fat thing under control BEFORE that stuff can get to me.

Just working today - the usual stuff. I come in in the morning - pop up LBT and check in throughout the day to see what's up. Now I am getting ready to depart the premises (fixin' to leave for those that only speak Texan) and just thought I would give a Shout Out to my Sister in Crime.

Have a good one!

Yeah, where is Lisa?

Next time you are going to a zoo let me know if you want some company. Ever been to the Catskill game farm?

Today was the first day of school, (pre-school) and he was not happy. After he got home today he was a terror until he went to bed. I went to the gym after he went to bed, it was a little more crowed than usual, but not too bad. After clicking around the channels on the TV on the treadmill, I have concluded that Fox News channel is giving me the best coverage of Katrina comparred to the other networks. It is much more enjoyable to work out in the afternoon when Law & Order is on TNT. In case you were wondering what the heck I am doing writing this drivel at 4am, I am at work on my night shift rotation. It is awful, but I only have 2 more weeks and then I am back on a daylight shift. On the bright side, I noticed that the cost of gas is slowly starting to come down. I found a place right off Rt 80 that is down to $3.04.

Good Morning :)

Beanie, I hear ya on wishing for high bp or high cholesterol .. oy vey!!! What I also don't understand is my BMI, I mean I truly have 95 lbs - 100 lbs to lose, so how can it be 37.1 when other people have the same amount to lose and their BMI's are higher. Even with my height, it doesn't make sense to me. The doctor said he was surprised that I didnt have more muscle mass. I am tall, but my frame is medium, most folks think just cause your tall you have a large frame. When I was at my skinniest, which was in 1992 ...waaah 155 lbs waaaah my ring size was a 5. I'm now 260 and I can't wear any of my rings LOL. So size is definitly deceiving to the eye.

Beanie, how's your day today ? how's work? I'm on vacation this week but next week I'll be checking in like you are.

Ivan, the zoo was cute. DD starts school tomorrow, first time :D I hope you took pictures of your son his first day. Night shift can truly suck. I would hate it with a pashion. Glad your off soon and on regular hrs. How's your wife ? Is she a stay at home mom ? No, we haven't been to the catskill game farm. We were thinking of going this month but the rising cost of gas kinda made us change our minds. What I'd really like to do is go to PA shopping :D They have an awesome candle factory on route 611 in tannersville and they also have a zoo out there in the pocono's. Its hard to go places since the both of us work, DH that is so who knows what we'll do. Bet my DD would love to meet your DS. Maybe we can plan a day in the next couple of weeks or so.

We're taking DD to a jungle gym place today to burn some calories and then I have lots of house work to do thats getting out of hand b/c I'm a slug this week :D and loving it :D

How's everyone today ?

Work is Work, Miss Eileen. Nothing terribly exciting going on.

But I have to get back to it.

I envy your vacation. Have a good one!!

September Chat -- Sept is my birth month so I have to join this chat. LOL!!

So what are the rules? LOL!!!!

Oh gosh Penni, no rules, its just a place to chat about whats going on in your daily lives. IMHO I think it brings people closer together if they get to know more about that person.

I'm glad your here :D

Hey Beanie, have a good afternoon :)

Hmm, I've been avoiding the topics of Band, Diet, Nutrition and Exercise like the plague. I've spent too much time at LBT in the Lounge instead of the General Forum because I'm polluted with caffeine, sugar and crud. I keep going away for weekends, so I keep making excuses. This weekend is the Bash, another perfect excuse. I was in New Orleans the prior week, Brianhead before that, etc., etc. Next weekend is a local bikefest then off to Reno. I KNOW, excuses excuses will get me nowhere! But I had to confess. All party and no work is finally putting money in my pocket, but I'll be dead from clogged arteries and won't be able to enjoy it.

Sounds like time for a vegetable challenge. Welll... maybe next month?