Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need a Boost-Me-Up- Please Help

Hey that's pretty cool.

Seriously though, your wife is going to need support when she gets the sleeve. The first few weeks on the liquid diet are difficult. It's nice to have people know what you're going through.

what kind of work do you do that you sit around all day?

Tell your wife she would enjoy the support once she gets her sleeve and teach her how to find us. I bet she will be glad she did.

Of course, once she finds us and sees how wonderful we all are, Sleeve Brother Steve may have to fight her for use of the computer ...:thumbsup:

Of course, once she finds us and sees how wonderful we all are, Sleeve Brother Steve may have to fight her for use of the computer ...:thumbsup:

Nobody can resist us. ;o)

Yea, she would like you. But, she has a very negative view of forums.

Once upon a time, I was very active in a specialty car forum. It ended up costing us some pretty serious agony, so she is naturally not too positive about forums.

People who dont have weight problems dont understand what it is like. That being said, I too am slightly afraid of Mexico and am glad I have insurance to pay for my procedure. I know they have had great results and many people on LBT are testimants to that. I just worry about follow up care and complications. Have you checked with your insurance to see if there is any possibility you can get payment for a procedure? Just do your homework and you will make the right decision. Your parents will not likely change their mind, which is made mostly of fear and love for you, but they will get used to it eventually.

I checked out all the insurance companies provided thru my husband's work. None them will cover the sleeve because its considered "experimental." I've considered the Bypass and Band, but I truly feel the sleeve is best for me. As for after care; I think about that all the time, and I don't really have a great answer to that. I know I can always go back to Dr. A, but it will cost me. I don't think Kaiser will cover me thru my insurance with them. Anyone who was a self pay in Mexico have anything to say?

I checked out all the insurance companies provided thru my husband's work. None them will cover the sleeve because its considered "experimental." I've considered the Bypass and Band, but I truly feel the sleeve is best for me. As for after care; I think about that all the time, and I don't really have a great answer to that. I know I can always go back to Dr. A, but it will cost me. I don't think Kaiser will cover me thru my insurance with them. Anyone who was a self pay in Mexico have anything to say?

There is no aftercare with the sleeve. You have the surgery, do the post-op diet, and that's it.

What aftercare are you wanting after your sleeve?

You are supposed to get an upper GI at some point in time, but you could have that done anywhere.

Honestly, there is no other doctor I would have wanted to do my sleeve other than Dr. A. Whether he was somewhere in the U. S. or in Mexico that's where I would have gone.

I (we) are self pay.

I was self pay on the band, and I'm paying for my wife's sleeve. Our Insurance covers nothing.

I don't worry about the band aftercare cost, because I can afford it. But, I do worry about the cost of losing it, if and when that happens.

My wife is lucky, she won't need any aftercare, and she has lost enough weight on her own, that she is now a low bmi sleeve person, so she won't really need anything else. I think the upper GI is recommended, but she can get that covered easily enough, just by getting our regular doctor to submit the request.

Even though my insurance doesn't cover WLS, I was able to get all my pre-op testing and post-op stuff covered. They even paid for my stomach biopsy (which they probably shouldn't have)!

Even though my insurance doesn't cover WLS, I was able to get all my pre-op testing and post-op stuff covered. They even paid for my stomach biopsy (which they probably shouldn't have)!

Was there a specific reason for the biopsy or does he do it on a routine basis? I know Aceves sends all stomachs to pathology but I'm not sure what they are looking for other than H Pylori.

It's routine when you take out a body part to have it biopsied, at least around here. I think they look for abnormal tissues.

You asked and we listened!

We're happy to announce the launch of http://VerticalSleeveTalk.com !

VerticalSleeveTalk.com is very similar to LBT, except that it's specifically dedicated to the Sleeve Surgery. Please visit http://VerticalSleeveTalk.com and sign up for your free membership.