Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite protein powder and recipe

This may be somewhere else, but I can't find it. I'm going out today to try to buy the things I'll need for the pre and post op diets.

What's the best tasting Protein Powder you've found and where do you get it?

And please share your favorite recipe!

Thank you so much for saving me from taste-tests gone wrong!:)

Thank you - Magic bullet is on the list already. Will it handle ice at all?

The best tasting Protein powder I've found is from Unjury - strawberry Sorbet flavor, but you can only get it online. I ran out, so I went to GNC to get more. I got a big barrel (exaggerating) of strawberry powder in a black container with red letters. Sorry - that's all I know. It's ok stuff, but not near as good as the Unjury. Unjury also makes a chicken Soup flavored powder. Excellent for Clear Liquids stage.

I like the nectar Powder from Syntrax, you can get it online or Vitamin Shoppe. It mixes with Water instantly and tastes great with juice or Milk. I have the carribean cooler I mix it with Dole Pina Colada Juice or Milk and Ice the only thing missing is the little umbrella and a lounge chair at the beach. I found that the premade shakes were best for post op I love the Worldwide shakes from Trader Joes or Vitamin Shoppe 35 grams of Protein and went down easily in two increments after surgery.

I've tried several, but I love Unjury....the unflavored is great to put in most anything; the vanilla is great in smoothies; and, the chocolate (I had a sample packet) was just like chocolate milk. When I make smoothies, I use a scoop of Vanilla Protein P, 8 oz. of milk or 4 oz milk/4oz water; somtimes, a half cup of frozen yogurt. It's delicious and filling!! I make in my Cuisinart blender. The fruit acts as ice cubes creating cold, colder and coldest! Be mindful of you calories when creating.

Some morning, I throw in a half banana with a tblsp of peanut butter...depends on my mood! Enjoy

Vanilla Protein powder w/ 8oz skim milk, 1 tsp Peanut Butter, 1/2 tsp sugar free choc Syrup. Blend in blender. OMG, taste like Reeses peanut butter cups. You have to try it.

Or

Vanilla protein powder w/ 8 oz skim milk, 1 tbsp of sf cheesecake pudding mix, 3 frozen strawberries (I keep bags of frozen fruit in hand). Blend in blender. Great also, tastes like strawberry cheesecake.

I agree with the nectar protiens. My favorite is cappucino...yum! I use 8 ounces of skim milk, one packet of my chocolate shake (HMR , but any will do) and add a scoop of the cappucino. It tastes like Starbucks frappacino and packs a whopping 43 grams of protien which will especially help after surgery. It's about 280 calories, which seems like a lot until you take into account the protien. I drink half mid-morning and half in the afternoon. Good luck!

Thank you all so much. I worked up the courage to go to Wal Mart on a Saturday in southern AZ (all the Mexican nationals LOVE our WalMart) - it's not a fun experience at all. But.. I did get their version of Protein powder, but the Magic Bullet was sold out. Ventured to Target and got my magic bullet!

I think the nectar protein sounds the best. I will try to get some of that. Thank you all for your suggestions!