Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im new and going to the surgeon Seminar today!!

Hi All.

First off as you can tell by the title, Im new here and just a bit on the green side. Excuse me as I learn the terms and struggle through this site....lol I am just starting on this journey and am both excited and nervous.I have done a bit of my homework but am still learning what all is entailed in this journey.

Today I go to see my elected surgeon. After I get some information there and what find out what hoops I have to jump through for the insurance Companies...I hope to start on the road to my actual surgery. I have called both Mine and DH's insurance as we both elected to have coverage due to my weight. Mine covers the surgery with no exclusions on my coverage and DH's will cover it if it is deemed a medical necessity. Hopefully I will qualify there and they will co ordinate the benefits to cover me.

I never thought that I would want to have surgery, but here I sit at over 400 lbs and BMI of over 70 and cant believe that I am here :thumbup: I have done the diet and the regains and now I am just tired and depressed and want to live a normal life. I have been diagnosed with High BP and dont want to end up being a stroke victim in a year or so.

Anyways..I have been browsing through the forums and have seen a lot of information here. It seems like the pre op requirements vary by Doctor, so Hopefully Ill have some more info after today :)

I have never had a surgery in my life, except a DNC when I had miscarried so I am a whole lot nervous about that aspect of it. Im also a wimp when it comes to pain so I am hoping that I can endure this..lol

I am sure that I will ask a whole lot of dumb questions, so forgive me in advance. But I am getting excited now that I have made the decision to go ahead with this. The changes are not a big deal...my real biggest worry is the surgery itself. I am looking forward to a whole new me..in terms of my life and my health.

Looking forward to talking more with everyone!!

Deb

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches