Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you guys heard of that new raw food lifestyle that a lot of people are talking about? I really want to do that. I've been researching it so much and I really want to bring my health to a new level. The lap band has helped me jump start my weight loss, but I'm not only focusing on weight loss, I want to have a healthy lifestyle, and raw foodism is one of the best things that I've ever heard about! A lot of people on here say that the lap band is their jumping off point to their new lives, and I feel that way. I don't think that I would've had the confidence to even think about changing to a raw food lifestyle if I hadn't seen that I could actually do something about the way I look and actually change something about myself in a really good way. What do you guys think about raw foodism? Have you heard about it?

Have you guys heard of that new raw food lifestyle that a lot of people are talking about? I really want to do that. I've been researching it so much and I really want to bring my health to a new level. The lap band has helped me jump start my weight loss, but I'm not only focusing on weight loss, I want to have a healthy lifestyle, and raw foodism is one of the best things that I've ever heard about! A lot of people on here say that the lap band is their jumping off point to their new lives, and I feel that way. I don't think that I would've had the confidence to even think about changing to a raw food lifestyle if I hadn't seen that I could actually do something about the way I look and actually change something about myself in a really good way. What do you guys think about raw foodism? Have you heard about it?

yes i have heard of it, and i have actually experienced eating it...i visited my aunt in miami and we went to a place that sold all natural things like hand made soap, jewelry...and of course fresh raw fruits and veggie dishes....i will admit it was a bit of a culture shock...lol but i stuck to veggies that i already liked.....i would definitely consider having raw foods apart of my diet...but not solely....oh and one good thing about raw foods is that it goes right through u so i would highly recommend to eat those things to promote regular bowel movements and i know with the band that could be an issue....

i would highly recommend to eat those things to promote regular bowel movements and i know with the band that could be an issue....

That's actually what I was thinking too because I've been having trouble with constipation..lol

Ugh, I cant think of anything more difficult with a band than chugging your way through loads of raw food. I find raw vegetables VERY difficult to eat and the same goes for fruit, apples and bananas are quite diffult, absolutely FORGET about any stone fruit.

I honestly dont think this lifestyle would be that easy with a band - but then everyone's bands behave differently. I like my veges steamed - much easier to eat.

I haven't really had any trouble with the raw vegetables and the raw fruit yet, but if it gets too difficult, I suppose I could just get a little bit of saline taken out. But yeah, I was worried about it getting stuck in my band at first, but it hasn't really been a problem.

We eat a lot of raw food at home, not as a special diet but just because it is healthy and we like it, and it is not a big deal when my band is a little loose. When it is tight, things like carrots are just too darn hard to ingest comfortably . . . and no matter how much you chew it is still a little difficult.

I'm having a problem with just about anything raw except lettuce. While the raw food idea sounds good, I'm afraid I'm stuck with cooking in order to be able to eat it. Last night, I had 3 tiny bits of cole slaw and struggled with every bite. Gave up. I'd rather it be cooked and go down than be raw and cause one stuck event after another.

If you are interested in this, then I would HIGHLY recommend you look further into it.

It has changed the lives of many people, and can be an important component of a healthy lifestyle.

I suggest that you read a book called the "PH Miracle" by Dr. Robert O. Young. He is not a Medical Doctor, rather a Microbiologist, and sees things in an entirely different way. I would go so far as to say that if I had discovered his work (and the work of others like him) prior to my orginal WLS, there would no reason for me to be on this forum now.

Eating in an Alkaline manner (and that means MOSTLY raw food, Mostly vegetables and fruit) can change your life. Because of the restriction of the Band, it CAN be more difficult.....but....that's why God created Blenders.:(.

It's certainly worth looking into. I think the goal of everyone here is (or SHOULD be) to GET HEALTHY. And, a by-product of excellent health is proper weight for your height/build.

It's worth Consideration....:)

HH

The Journey is the Reward.....

I eat salad all the time, and beleive me, I put EVERYTHING it them. Cucumbers, spinach, tomatoes, olives, avocado and mushrooms. I don't seem to have a problem with them. I get stuck and slime mostly on meat and Protein foods. but I have discovered that some fruit will get stuck. Strawberries are the worst. I have to chew them like crazy. The only veggie I have to be more careful with is asparagus. If it's stringy, forget it. It never ceases to amaze me how fickle our bands are.

I could not handle the raw food diet at all with my band, but I thought about juicing.

I would like to try a juice cleansing fast sometime.