Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Here

See, I am not looking to weight loss surgery to find some happiness. I know happiness will come over time. I have several goal's I'd like to meet. I want to be an elementary school teacher in my next career, I physically couldn't do that job with this weight.

Not possible in my mind.

I would say i'm not 'happy' either, but right now healthy is a better option. I lost my mom 2 years ago and the diseases she suffered from could very possibly be headed my way in the future. I miss her like crazy and I can remember her suffering from so many diabetes related complications. Ugh.

Most of the thin people i've spoken with got fat post baby, i've been fat since high school. I just want to leave the plus department adn go to gap and fit in their clothes. INstead of always looking for XXL and it not being long enough. I do dress modestly and for comfort. I will not wear belly shirts knowing I have belly. Go figure.

Atleast we are not in denial over the weight problem and I guess this is GREAT.

Everything is going to work out for us, this is one thing i'm not going to stress about. Well not too much.

I wish you luck too.

I couldn't agree more with you....I really admire you wanting to become a teacher. It takes very special people to do that.

Am I happy....yes. Happy because the weight hasn't just melted away no...but very satisfied with where I am in my weight loss. I have been plus size since Jr High and like you to go into a "normal" store and buy clothes is my goal...what weight that is I don't know but I would love to do it....

Keep up your positive outlook and everthing you want will come true!!!

I posted and it's gone. It's crazy, I am sure I'm doing something wrong.

I honestly don't think the losing weight equals happiness. Happiness for me is psychological. I know alot of kids and adults that have tons of material stuff and they are unhappy. I think I work with a bunch of idiots. That's all. I speak to the wrong people.

My motto is that I'm doing surgery to become healthy and then I can be happy when i don't need clothes with multiple xx's on them, or W after the numbers.

I think i'm getting mentally ready. I'm not sure what the outcome is going to be though, I have no excepectations, except going off the $50 a month blood pressure medicine that I'm taking.

JT

I'm so stupid. I didn't see this thread had two pages. I'm not normally positive like this, but I'm really excited about this life change. I am always trying to do everything at once and not saving anything for later. I've really slowed down alot since my mom died.

IF she hadn't been so sick I probably wouldn't be as affected. Both of my parents are deceased. I'm the youngest kid so no one can related except for my overweight brother.

He wants RNY but is scared to make the first step and call the dr's office.

Hello Gang, and welcome Jennifer. You've just met the greatest support group. Lots of luck to you and your decision.

Dianne, What, you have a new date - What. (smile). I'm happy for you. Still waiting for a date. Are you guys still going to the support meeting on the 19th of Sept. Take care

Hey Starr....have you heard the news? Dr V is leaving the pratice....that's all we know right now. Melissa was referred to Dr. Bauman in Concord. Dianne and I go to see Dr. V on the 19th...and yes we are both planning on attending. I know my friend Kami will be there also.

Hope you are doing well!!!!

Hi Kim, yes all is well, trying not to get really down about Dr. V. Looking online now to find another dotor. Hope all is well with you and your family. Take care and hope to see you on the 19th. Might not have a reason too.