Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tropical Smoothie anyone??? NOT this bandster!!!

I went in with some of my co-workers today to see about picking up a smoothie for lunch.... I am totally digging their cranberry crush 200 calorie smoothie, but there is no way on God's green Earth I could eat the entire thing in a reasonable amount of time. So, instead of wasting $3-$4 on something I couldn't eat I requested it be made and put into a child's serving. I was refused. I'm not going to lie when I told you I was shocked. How hard could it be to make LESS of something to put into a smaller cup? Its not rocket science!

I requested to talk to the manager and when she came out I repeated my request. I told her that I had recently undergone bariatric weight loss surgery which left me unable to consume more than 4-6 oz of food at a time. She told me that they were only allowed to make 3 different smoothies in kid's sizes---orange creamsicle, chocoloate Peanut Butter, and strawberry banana. Ummm hmmm not a good thing to give kids in general IMO but a complete NO NO for me for OBVIOUS reasons! I was completely dumbfounded! Not only did the manager hold her front about "corporate policy" she told me that they wouldnt substitute nutrisweet in the strawberry banana. She also told me she couldnt make it without the banana (just strawberry) either!

I am honestly upset that one of my favorite places to get a healthy quick lunch has been scratched off my list of places to go. It actually infuriates me to know that a business is not willing to be flexible to accomodate a customer's request---espeically one as SIMPLE as making a smaller portion to accomodate a dietary restriction.

So to all the bandsters out there----dont waste your time going to Tropical Smoothie, they wont do anything to help aid your weightloss! If anything, they will take your money and increase your fat!

Doesnt this just make you want to bash your head against a brick wall? Its completely f..k...g stupid and no wonder our society has such an obesity problem.

I had a similar problem at the movies a few weeks ago. Its always cheaper to buy a BUCKET of popcorn and a HUGE softdrink (and we dont have those mega gulp cup things you guys have, that's even more horrendous). They try to talk you out of the small every single time. I stand my ground here, I pay MORE for four small popcorns than I do for the large combos.

However, I really did have to throw a tantrum when I took my two boys to the movies during the holidays. Three small popcorns and three small drinks didnt come as a combo but were $10 each. Yet I could buy a family combo of four small popcorns and drinks for $20. The bitch at the counter insisted I would have to pay $30 for only three. So I asked for the manager, bought the family combo for four, and threw the fourth in the damn rubbish bin right in front of her. Then I wrote to Village cinemas and told them what I thought. Know what they sent me? A free voucher for the candy bar next time we were at the movies! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

You're probably better off without your smoothie, annoying as it is. I'm positive those smoothie bars are responsible for the wobbly muffin tops hanging over all the ultra low rise jeans as the young girlies slurp they way around the shopping centre, paper cups always in hand. That and frothy confectionary coffees, lol.

Thank you for your response and support! It just burns me up because you're right! Their size is 24 oz of smoothie and I only NEED 8oz or less (8 oz is a big stretch)----bigger isnt always better!

I love tropical smoothie too-- I generally just order a regular and bring the rest home- it is so easy to re-freeze. Sometimes I only want a few spoon fulls... just a thought it works for me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches