Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Calories Are You Eating?

My Doctor told me to stick to about 1300 for the first month or two after banding, but I am just not hungry ever and I seen to average about 880. I am getting enough Protein - I supplement with Isopure - but I just can't eat enough.

How many calories does your doctor have you on and how many are you actually eating?

-BSG

I have no clue what my doctor wants me to consume, but I consume 1200-1500 per day. I was at a plateau for a month, ate 1600-1700 calories per day for about 3 days straight and it broke my plateau. The only time I was less than the 1200 per day was during my post op for the first 2-3 weeks.

Edited by crzytchr

I track what I eat on Spark and on average, I am right around 1000 a day. My doctor didn't tell me a calorie range, just said to get at least 60g of Protein per day

you're going to have to play around with your calories eventually. I have to have around 1500 to keep losing. I drink milk to keep up my calories, and if I'm desperate I get a frosty. It really seems to work for me. It just depends on the person, some people need less than 1000, and some people need 2000. Good luck finding the right amount for your body!

I am much farther out from surgery than you but...

I haven't felt a hunger pang for about 8 months... I eat by the clock. I average 1000-1200 calories a day when I am losing in my sweet spot.

You just have to work at it and find a schedule that works well for you to get in everything that you need. Eventually it will just be like clock work.

Immediately after banding I would get 600-800 calories. Like most have said I had to play around with my calorie intake. I found I lose the best when I take in about 1200, right now for me anything below that makes my body hold onto the weight.

Though I do have to qualify, I do not count my calories on a daily basis. I will county them a few times a month to make sure I am staying on track. This works for me because I basically eat the same things over and over...I am a creature of habit :biggrin:.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches