Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WOW Almost MAY 1st - How is Everyone doing?

I can't believe May is only 2 days away! That means only 2days until Bliss0320, DougNC and DeAndraBaby start their journey, and then the domino effect begins for us all :unsure:....yikes!!!!

How are you all doing. Surgery for me is only 1 week from tomorrow and it seems it's coming faster than I ever imagined.

I am a nervous wreck 1 minute, excited the next.

Anyone need to vent and share their pre-surgery gitters and excitement?

you're telling me hallelujah.girl. I mean I just don't know what to do with myself anymore. Mine is a week from friday and seriously I am on this site like 6 hours a day and cannot stop thinking about everything that is gonna happen after the surgery.

I am very very excited and then I sit there and think a little more and get more and more nervous. :unsure::scared2::ohmy:

I am glad you started this, its a big help to come here to share and listen to everyone else's views on the big day.

I met with the surgeon last night for the pre op visit and we're all set to go, May 8th 2009 my new birthday!!!!!!

Hey don14, we have the same new birthday date, may 8th!!

For me, the biggest thing is the actual surgery and going under. I am scared to death (probably not the best term to use there) haha.

As for a vent, as if I don't already have enough on my plate, one of my jack$&* co-workers wrote "cow" on my locker!!!!

So my surgery date is even more of a welcome now.

hallelujah girl, I am like you half the time I am worried and the other half I am so excited. I've got all my Protein Shakes and broths and SF Jello all lined up on my kitchen counter like little soldiers ready for battle. I start my pre-op diet friday.

Meem, I love it that you have all of your supplies laid out & ready. We found a place in the cabinet close to our meds so I don't forget where they are when May 22nd comes along.

Wow, How dare someone write on your locker like they did. :blink: They were probably jealous of something good you have done recently. Karma will probably bite them for that.

I'm so excited about this. I have to go to a convention for a week before surgery, so that will keep my mind occupied. This is such a great thing we are doing for our health. I'm so looking forward to not having high blood pressure and sleep apnea anymore. I think it will probably take 30 to 40 pounds lost before they go away. Yahoo! :drool:

Two more days of the pre-op diet:thumbup:

My only issue has been blood sugar. I seem to crash if I don't follow a strict plan of action of eating or drinking a Protein Shake in a certain order and time every day.

As for nerves, there are none for having the surgery ( I've had plenty of those on knees and female issues) but a few for life after. I guess the unknown of what foods will work for me and what won't is a little scary. I don't want to do anything that doesn't after reading posts about PB's, sliming (still not sure what that is), and food getting stuck.

Regardless, I am beyond excited to drive to the surgery center at 6:15 am on Friday the 1st.

Good luck all!

What a great thread, hallelujah! I am so excited one minute and then scared to death the next. I started crying at the surgeon's office yesterday. I have had a LOT of surgeries (breast cancer, gallbladder, etc.) and I told the doctor, I wasn't as scared with those because those weren't optional. This is! He told me he would be nervous if I weren't nervous. It's all normal, he said.

If you've never had surgery, I can tell you from my experience with the other surgeries, that it is so quick! Once they get the IV started and they give you the sedative, you are off to LaLa Land (whoa, it's a cool feeling as you drift off... :ohmy:) and then you wake up and it's 2 hours later! What a trip!

So, obviously I'm not too scared about the surgery part, but I'm scared about this huge, monumental decision that I've made! What if I fail?? What if it does change my relationships with family and friends? (They talk about that in the AP LapBand literature.) What if it erodes or slips?? Yikes!

For those of you going in on May 1, we want a full report as soon as you can! :thumbup: Good luck to everyone!

Hey don14, we have the same new birthday date, may 8th!!

For me, the biggest thing is the actual surgery and going under. I am scared to death (probably not the best term to use there) haha.

As for a vent, as if I don't already have enough on my plate, one of my jack$&* co-workers wrote "cow" on my locker!!!!

So my surgery date is even more of a welcome now.

hallelujah girl, I am like you half the time I am worried and the other half I am so excited. I've got all my Protein shakes and broths and SF Jello all lined up on my kitchen counter like little soldiers ready for battle. I start my pre-op diet friday.

Melissa, that is awful what your coworker did! I hope you reported it. That person should be fired!

I like your analogy about the soldiers ready for battle. I wish I was that organized. *sigh*

Okay, I have to admit I freaked out today. I've been really good. (for the most part) I've been having shakes and Protein bars and a meal in the evening trying to be good as possible. Well I was driving home for work and it hit me. 1 week until surgery. I really wanted to start a pre-op diet today, just shakes and Protein. But called my husband and told him to meet me somewhere for dinner. I pigged out then asked him to run to the store for dessert. Oh well, tomorrow is a brand new day and I'll start fresh.

I stocked up my pantry back in Feb thinking I was going to have surgery in March, so I think I'm ready. I went to the store today for fresh juice and diet V8's and the such for my 2 day liquid diet. I have a pre-op education class tomorrow that is mandatory.

Ann, I have not ever had a surgery, but my youngest son has had a few. I'm not so much nervous about the surgery as i am the life changing decision I am about to undertake. As for band slippage, oh yeah that really scares me.

It's fast approaching isn't it!! Tomorrow is my preop with my doctor and go the the hospital to get paperwork completed.

I have all my things bought. I've also doing 2 meals a day on unjury. May 1 I start my liquid diet and I'm not too worried about it. I think easing into the full liquids has been helpful.

Of all things my biggest concern is PB's and getting stuck.

Good luck everyone!!

AHHHH! I think I feel all of the same things as each and everyone of you. I am finishing up my 10th day of my preop diet which was nothing but 5 Protein shakes a day and I am so proud of myself as I have not cheated once!!! I was worried I could not do it and now low and behold I am almost there! My surgery is on Monday and I am excited and also very scared. The shake diet has been doable, however my doctor wants me to be on the liquid shake diet for two weeks after surgery and then I am put on mushy food for two weeks. And two more weeks of this liquid diet really sounds like HELL!! I really want some food, any food, doesn't have to be fattening food just any type of solid substance that I can put in my mouth!!

On another note, my 10 year old old daughter is really wanting to go to the hospital with my husband on that day. Originally, I was thinking she would be better off at school instead of just waiting at the hospital. Also I thought it would be harder on me having her there as I have never had surgery before and I think I woulod just worry about the worst scenario more with her there if that makes any sense. But now she seems to be getting worried and asking a lot of questions. What do you all think I should do, should I let her come to the hospital the day of the surgery? What are others doing with children in the same age range?

Hi everyone!

Like most of you, I'm excited and in a hurry for next Wednesday to be here. Met with the nutritionist Monday to get my instructions and was very surprised at my doctor's approach to diet. No pre-op except to fast for 12 hours before surgery. Post op is 2 days clear, 2 days full then 2 weeks mushies and 2 weeks soft.

Best of luck to all of you!

Hallelujah, I also ate a big dinner with dessert last night. I had done Slim Fast for Breakfast and lunch, but my dh wanted to make me a special "last supper." It was really good. But today I'm on nothing but SlimFast. I'm also freaking out about this being just a week away!!

Skinnybyrd, my 4 1/2 year old son will be at the hospital with my dh, mostly because I have to be there at 6:00 am! My guess is that he will want to stay at the hospital and not go to preschool that day, which I'm fine with. He is a little worrier, especially about Mommy, so whatever makes him feel most comfortable is what I want. I think, personally, it will be very comforting for me to have him there, also. :thumbup:

Maclynn, what an interesting post-op diet! I don't believe I have heard of such a short time for liquids. Good for you!

I went to a pre-op education class today (mandatory) and we went over what to expect before, during, and after surgery and even though I could have taught the class myself I was like "ah did I really sign up for this" It just made everything seem so real. Made me get all nervous again.

I only have to do liquids 2 days pre-op. Post-op is 1 week Clear Liquids, 1 week full liquids, 1 week mushies, then soft.

I went to a pre-op education class today (mandatory) and we went over what to expect before, during, and after surgery and even though I could have taught the class myself I was like "ah did I really sign up for this" It just made everything seem so real. Made me get all nervous again.

I only have to do liquids 2 days pre-op. Post-op is 1 week Clear Liquids, 1 week full liquids, 1 week mushies, then soft.

I'm on the same program as you. Though I started a lowcal high Protein diet on my own two weeks ago.

Went for my pre-op intake at the hospital today, what a CLUSTER F**K!!! The hospital liason was out sick so they didn't have my paperwork. Had to track it down from the dr's office. Had to have blood taken and the "vampire" read the orders wrong and only took two vials before closing me out instead of four, so she had to stick my other arm. I was so flustered the admitting nurse spent 20 minutes convincing me that my DR was one of the best and made up for all the downfalls with his expertise. I SURE HOPE SO!!!!

Only six days to go!!! WOOO HOOOO I'm scheduled for 10:30am PST on Wednesday the 6th. I'll be checking in to see how everyone else is doing.