Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Miss California and Gay marriage

So how do you think the gay community got hold of random photos of her??

Do you know if there is more than just the one? Dirty.com showed the pic (or maybe one of the pics) in question, and I would think if there were more, they would have shown them.

What got me when looking through some of her older pics (I think it was for the Miss California contest) was her pubis bone! Omg, it's either so prominent -- or she needs to shave BADLY -- that it almost looked like she had a rolled-up male member in there! :grouphug:.

oh WOW - i think i'll pass looking that one up....:thumbsup::blush:

Everybody is acting like this is an isolated event. Many times over the years women have been made to pay for comments they made or unpopular behavior they did when they were involved in pagents. This is hardly the first. There have even been ones that were just as controversial.

So it seems that if Miss California wanted to the crown badly enough, she would have played the pagent game, i.e., she would have given a politically correct answer.

Pagents are all about profit. They're about promoting products, although sometimes under the guise of promoting charitable endeavors. Companies that subsidize pagents expect their queens to be relatively non-controversial.

Anyone remember the Vanessa Williams fiasco? She got thrown out on her ear. Just as others have been, before and since.

Gay marriage is a very hot topic right now and both the proponents for it and the people who are against it should be glad that she opened up the can of worms - it gives them all a chance to weigh in on the subject on a daily basis now. Even here at LBT.

Poor Miss Cali. Her friends and family probably goaded her into making the decision to "expose" herself with the answer she gave. Truth be known, I'll bet she would have rather had the crown. I mean she went so far as to get the boobs so you'd think she actually wanted the crown. Or maybe not. She could just want the notariety, like Paris and Brittney and Octomom.

Or hey, like Beth might be suggesting (?) he's a transvestite. Needs to tuck, but in that case, forgot to. Not gay, you see, but likes women's apparel including tiaras. Or IS gay and is trying to deflect attention by his answer. Or hmmm, maybe he'll have the surgery one day and become a transgender. Or, well, the possibilities are endless, aren't they?

Or hey, like Beth might be suggesting (?) he's a transvestite. Needs to tuck, but in that case, forgot to. Not gay, you see, but likes women's apparel including tiaras. Or IS gay and is trying to deflect attention by his answer. Or hmmm, maybe he'll have the surgery one day and become a transgender. Or, well, the possibilities are endless, aren't they?

holy crap i thought the same thing after beth's post.

i lived w/a DQ for 6 months - and let me tell you she/he got LOTS of attention - very beautiful. gosh that was ages ago, strange tip - they take their make up off w/mayo..???

Everybody is acting like this is an isolated event. Many times over the years women have been made to pay for comments they made or unpopular behavior they did when they were involved in pagents. This is hardly the first.

Yes, but usually it was bad behavior outside the pageant or comments made outside the pageant. To me, it's very different when one is asked an OPINION on the stage, it is given, and because it is not popular to some, she becomes maligned and beaten up for giving her OPINION.

So it seems that if Miss California wanted to the crown badly enough, she would have played the pagent game, i.e., she would have given a politically correct answer.

So... you condone lying in order to further one's personal benefit rather than sticking true to one's belief? Sounds rather shallow and, oh I dunno, fake.

Pagents are all about profit. They're about promoting products, although sometimes under the guise of promoting charitable endeavors. Companies that subsidize pagents expect their queens to be relatively non-controversial.

But no matter the answer, BJean, it IS a controversial subject! Just because SOME companies out there may want to have a homosexual-promoting queen, others would not. It's not like somebody asking, "Do you think we should bring back the practice of sacrificing babies to the gods," and she says, "Omg, yes, I think that would be a great thing to bring back!" NOBODY would be behind such a thing. BUT... homosexuality has people (and corporate sponsors) on BOTH sides of that issue, and no matter the stance she took, there would be corporate sponsors who would not want to subsidize pageants regardless of the answer. It was a loaded question, pure and simple, put out there by a vicious queen himself.

Anyone remember the Vanessa Williams fiasco? She got thrown out on her ear. Just as others have been, before and since.

Yes, but again, it was due to a choice she made, not a question she was asked on the stage.

Gay marriage is a very hot topic right now and both the proponents for it and the people who are against it should be glad that she opened up the can of worms - it gives them all a chance to weigh in on the subject on a daily basis now. Even here at LBT.

Very true. And regardless of how "popular" many want us to believe this topic is (as in "most" people are for it), it has been proven time and again, and even surprisingly in CALIFORNIA of all places, that people are overwhelmingly not willing to support this. I know here in DC there was a huge brouhaha the other day over the possibility that DC will recognize people married in other states. Yes, it's a hot topic because SOME want to make it bigger than it is, but in reality, most of America is not willing to support it. Miss California DOES represent MOST Americans, and even the pageant people know this.

Poor Miss Cali. Her friends and family probably goaded her into making the decision to "expose" herself with the answer she gave.

That makes no sense, BJean. She didn't even know what question she was going to be asked or by whom.

Truth be known, I'll bet she would have rather had the crown. I mean she went so far as to get the boobs so you'd think she actually wanted the crown.

Did she want the crown? I'm sure she DID. However, did she want it enough to go against her principles and beliefs? Nah, she didn't. That's what some of you people don't get -- SOME are able AND willing to put their faith before what's popular to some. She answers to God, not man. It's what I said about my stance on the matter. Even if you don't agree with her answer, to not recognize that she went against what she probably knew immediately would be required of her (to give the popular answer) and stuck to her belief, all the while being called a b*tch and a c*nt by that fag Hilton (and he IS a fag -- not because he's gay but because he chose to be a fag after not getting the answer he wanted, throwing a fagalicious temper tantrum) says a lot about her character even if you don't agree with her stance. If more people did that, maybe we'd be a better society.

holy crap i thought the same thing after beth's post.

i lived w/a DQ for 6 months - and let me tell you she/he got LOTS of attention - very beautiful. gosh that was ages ago, strange tip - they take their make up off w/mayo..???

Wait... mayo? ? Why??

And I have to say, there is nothing worse than a tranny man who is more beautiful than a woman. Just unnatural. And oh so disappointing. And discouraging. And just... sad. :thumbsup:

She answers to God, not man.QUOTE]

So when caught lying on her pagent form she told another lie that the picture in question was the only picture when in fact their are FOUR pictures, two of which have not been made public because she has full frontal topless nudity and claims she was 17 so they can't be posted online.

What would god say about this behavior? I guess it does not matter though. She can do no wrong now be cause the fags (oops I mean gays) are after her. Anything that comes out about her now is just them digging up "dirt" and pagent officials are being mean by enforcing the contract she signed.

So when caught lying on her pagent form she told another lie that the picture in question was the only picture when in fact their are FOUR pictures, two of which have not been made public because she has full frontal topless nudity and claims she was 17 so they can't be posted online.

What would god say about this behavior? I guess it does not matter though. She can do no wrong now be cause the fags (oops I mean gays) are after her. Anything that comes out about her now is just them digging up "dirt" and pagent officials are being mean by enforcing the contract she signed.

Socal, I'm not aware of four pics, but if there are, then yes, she still answers to God on this. She doesn't answer to you or me or pageant officials or that pond scum Hilton.

SHE knows what God would say about that behavior, and it DOES matter. However, it doesn't affect anybody but her.

And you and I BOTH know why they are digging up all they can on her, and it's because she gave the "wrong" (to some) answer. Had she said that gay marriage was her hope and dream, you know damn well these photos would 1) never be dug up and/or 2) never be released.

The fringe left has an uncanny way of punishing those they don't like by using against them the very things they say they are all for. The fact that you don't see (or acknowledge) this does not surprise me.

Wait... mayo? ? Why??

heavy pancake makeup - mayo has it come off in one full swoop.

The fringe left has an uncanny way of punishing those they don't like by using against them the very things they say they are all for. The fact that you don't see (or acknowledge) this does not surprise me.

i can say the same about religious zealots.

Socal, I'm not aware of four pics, but if there are, then yes, she still answers to God on this. She doesn't answer to you or me or pageant officials or that pond scum Hilton.

SHE knows what God would say about that behavior, and it DOES matter. However, it doesn't affect anybody but her.

And you and I BOTH know why they are digging up all they can on her, and it's because she gave the "wrong" (to some) answer. Had she said that gay marriage was her hope and dream, you know damn well these photos would 1) never be dug up and/or 2) never be released.

So she lied on her contract and that should not matter because she will answer to god for it? That makes no sense to me. Why even have a justice system then? To me it does not matter how the pictures came to light they are there, she lied, she broke her contract, done. Crown the runner up. I would say the same thing if she had answered that gay marriage was the best thing for America.

The pictures are not the only way she has broke her contract. She has also been doing appearences and commercials without permission which is strictly forbidden in her contract.

You say that the "majority" of American feels the same way she does. How can she be "punished" for something that is "main stream"?

The fact that you don't see (or acknowledge) this does not surprise me.

What have I refused to acknowledge?

Beth,

I think your true colors are showing for the times you're using the terms "fag" and "flame" etc...sounds like a homophobe to me!

Beth,

I think your true colors are showing for the times you're using the terms "fag" and "flame" etc...sounds like a homophobe to me!

It is always interesting to me when people let terms "slip" out. Kind of like using the n*g word in any context.

I know. But my point is, if you want to be known as a tolerant person, mocking somebody else's religion is prolly not a good strategy..

i admit to mocking certain religions, specifically the ones that hide behind a bible/god to spread hate. where tolerance is given, tolerance is shown.