Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oregondaisy's turn for sleeve surgery

Sorry Daisy, I am going to miss seeing you down there, they had to postpone my surgery until June 12th. Some misunderstanding about how long it was since my emergency partial gastrectomy so all was postponed at the last minute I WAS SO UPSET!!!! Anyway, it should happen in 6 weeks. Good luck Daisy!

Ruthi

WasA, sleep is highly overrated, go ahead and call her. I think we should arrange a conference call and all of us call her at once, that would be fun.

When you do talk to her, tell her I said hello and hope she is doing well.

Thanks for the update. Who needs sleep? You can sleep when your dead. She needs to be awake and ready to face her new life and not waste a single minute of it!! (Now, I just have to remember that when I have my surgery) :ohmy:

True, Vegas. Unfortunately, sleep was all I wanted to do the first two days after my surgery. My hubby kept waking me up telling me how good Elisabethsew was being with her walking and that I needed to follow her example, lol.

WasA, sleep is highly overrated, go ahead and call her. I think we should arrange a conference call and all of us call her at once, that would be fun.

When you do talk to her, tell her I said hello and hope she is doing well.

HA! Already did!

I called her at 5:40AM this morning and again when she was back in her room for about half an hour. I told her to WAKE UP! ;o)

She sounds kinda loopy. We should do that conference call, that would be fun!

Thanks for the update. Who needs sleep? You can sleep when your dead. She needs to be awake and ready to face her new life and not waste a single minute of it!! (Now, I just have to remember that when I have my surgery) :ohmy:

HA! We'll do a conference call when you have surgery and remind you of this post! HAHA ;o))))

True, Vegas. Unfortunately, sleep was all I wanted to do the first two days after my surgery. My hubby kept waking me up telling me how good Elisabethsew was being with her walking and that I needed to follow her example, lol.

Dr. Aceves told me that his revision patients sleep a lot, much more than newbie sleeves do. I proved him right on that one, too! ;o)

Dr. Aceves told me that his revision patients sleep a lot, much more than newbie sleeves do. I proved him right on that one, too! ;o)

The day of surgery was mostly a blur and all I wanted to do was sleep. At 6 AM the following morning, I was showered and walking the halls feeling much better than I did after getting the band.

HA! We'll do a conference call when you have surgery and remind you of this post! HAHA ;o))))

Seeing as though I've never had surgery of any type, I don't know what to expect, so if you do the conference call, I can't be held responsible for what I may say ... I've heard people do strange things under the influence of anesthesia

Seeing as though I've never had surgery of any type, I don't know what to expect, so if you do the conference call, I can't be held responsible for what I may say ... I've heard people do strange things under the influence of anesthesia

Hey, I've been held responsible for what I said due to drugs (Versed). You are NO exception! ;o)

Seriously, surgery - and especially this one - is not what you might think. It's not all that bad and totally worth it!

I would have accepted 10x the pain/discomfort for having a sleeve. I'll even make that 20x the pain/discomfort. It's all worth it in the end.

Hey, I've been held responsible for what I said due to drugs (Versed). You are NO exception! ;o)

Seriously, surgery - and especially this one - is not what you might think. It's not all that bad and totally worth it!

I would have accepted 10x the pain/discomfort for having a sleeve. I'll even make that 20x the pain/discomfort. It's all worth it in the end.

I have a very high pain threshold, so I am hoping that the pain is minimal; however, I will endure whatever as I know this is the best thing for me and will be totally worth it.

Plus, I have all of you now to help me through it and share with me. I am so happy to have found this site!:ohmy:

I have a very high pain threshold, so I am hoping that the pain is minimal; however, I will endure whatever as I know this is the best thing for me and will be totally worth it.

Plus, I have all of you now to help me through it and share with me. I am so happy to have found this site!:ohmy:

Absolutely! You have ALL of us behind you!

But I swear, from the bottom of my heart I swear to you that this is not horrific pain, it's discomfort. Honest.

You will do well. Honest. From one sleeve patient to another, you will do just fine!

It was the easiest of my 3 operations. Easier than both c-sections and the open cholecystectomy.

Agreed, the pain really is minimal. I think I wanted to sleep twice as much because I had surgery on Thursday and Friday! I am still amazed at Elisabethsew, she looked like she could have walked out of the hospital and gone back to work the next day.

Agreed, the pain really is minimal. I think I wanted to sleep twice as much because I had surgery on Thursday and Friday! I am still amazed at Elisabethsew, she looked like she could have walked out of the hospital and gone back to work the next day.

I did walk out of the hospital but not too far. It was gorgeous weather and I wanted to be in it so I ventured outside everyday and only got caught once. LOL. As for work, I waited a week to go back but I definitely WAS tired after the first 2 thirteen shifts back.