Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oregondaisy's turn for sleeve surgery

I honestly thought this was going to be a much bigger deal that when I was banded. I could easily go back to work tomorrow, Monday. That would not even be a week off work. I am going to take the day off, and go back Tuesday.

Daisey, that's so good to hear. I'm hoping I don't have to take off anymore than a week, because we have a cruise planned in September and I don't want to be docked any time if I come up short. So hearing you say you feel well enough to go back to work after not even a week gives me hope. I am not a sleeve revision, I'm a virgin sleeve, so I'm hoping that it is not a big deal and is more discomfort than pain as I've been told!

Right now waiting to hear on my financing is stressing me out big time -- at least when I'm stressed like this, I don't even feel like eating because my stomach is in knots, so that's a good thing, I suppose.

I really hope things work out so that Ruthi and I can go together on 6/12. Nina has put me in on that date and I have to let her know this week if she should firm it up. Fingers crossed and I'll take any prayers anyone wants to offer up!

Thanks for all the wonderful support! I'm with Ruthi - love you ladies and this site!! :smile:

They say revisions are more painful so I would say that you won't have any trouble going back to work whenever you choose. Honestly, I could go to work today if I really needed to. It was only the first night that was uncomfortable. My incisions never hurt, it was that left shoulder pain that you get from the CO2 that they use during surgery. I got pain meds in my iv every 4 hours through the night, and I was fine the next day.

PLus, he said I had a hiatal hernia that he fixed, and those are supposed to cause more pain with this whole deal. I feel great today and it's 5 days post op. I felt great yesterday, and had no trouble with 2 flights and a 2 hour drive home from the airport.

OD: You're making feel that I should have my surgery sooner than later. I was going to try and wait until the end of June because my son is graduating from medical school in N.Y. the 5th of June and than we have a business meeting in Hawaii immediately after that. I didn't want to have to be on a special diet or feel poorly when I had these important events to attend. Maybe I should reconsider. I'm so so tired of the nausea and feeling slightly out of control with my eating. So tired of my band! What do you think?

Well the post op diet you have to do no matter where you are. Are you going to Dr. Aceves? I don't know how anyone else does their post op diet.

As far as feeling bad, I wouldn't worry about feeling poorly. The only person I know who really had trouble with the surgery is WasA, but she was really sick by the time she had revision because she was unable to eat for such a long time before she had the revision surgery.

Elizabeth went back to work in a week, and she's a nurse. I have a desk job.

If you can get in and have it done early in May, I say go for it!

Wow, it sounds like you are doing great! And here you were, worried. You sailed through this like it was nothing girl. I am very impressed.

Dr. Aceves is not doing my surgery, not yet anyway. Daniel Cottam is probably going to do it. I see him on Wednesday and will find out if my band is still slipped. I have a list of questions for him based on Wasa and all of you really. If he answers them to my satisfaction, than I will have him do the surgery, if not, than I will schedule with Dr. A.

Sooo happy you are home and doing so well Daisy. wow. i really thought this sleeve revision was an ordeal and you seem to have aced this-no complications thank god, thanks for the posting too. it was amusing to think of you wandering around in your robe, too funny!

I am doing better today with the hunger. I decided to get some extra Protein in and that has helped.

I feel bad for Elizabeth and Susan who felt like they had to force liquids. I have the opposite problem. I want liquids non stop, since that's all I can have. I mixed my

unflavored Protein powder with a new flavor of crystal light today and made an extra one just now. I should make it through the evening without my stomach gnawing away at me. (I hope)

Does anyone know about this lactose intolerance business?

Does it follow through with the yogurts? I had some cream of potato Soup when I went out to lunch with my daughter. I felt like it was the only thing on the menu I could have.

I spit the potatoes out.

I have been so sick with painful gas and diarrhea, I couldn't even believe it. I finally remembered I had some

anti diarrhea pills. Now I am afraid to have anything milk

based.

Does anyone know about this lactose intolerance business?

Does it follow through with the yogurts? I had some cream of potato Soup when I went out to lunch with my daughter. I felt like it was the only thing on the menu I could have.

I spit the potatoes out.

I have been so sick with painful gas and diarrhea, I couldn't even believe it. I finally remembered I had some

anti diarrhea pills. Now I am afraid to have anything milk

based.

Sounds exactly like the symptoms I get when I have milk -- however, it does NOT affect me when I eat yogurt, or cheese -- however, whip cream is a killer - I haven't had it in years - the last time I had it, I was in so much pain I thought I was going to have to go the ER. You should be OK with yogurt - even frozen ... it's not a fun thing to go through, that's for sure. GasX works very well, too. Sorry you had to go through it.

Thanks. Apparently, sleeve surgery can make us lactose intollerant for awhile. I never want to go through that again. I thought I was going to die, lol.

Thanks. Apparently, sleeve surgery can make us lactose intollerant for awhile. I never want to go through that again. I thought I was going to die, lol.

Sure, you can laugh NOW ... it's not fun .... I am already lactose intolerant -- haven't had any luck with soy or rice milk either ... so I will have to be very careful following surgery. Bet you'll be more careful in the future, although I totally understand why you did what you did.

It was really horrible. Now I am afraid to add milk to anything.

I haven't had any trouble with my Protein drinks but now I am afraid to move off them and do the full liquids. It seems like there is milk or milk products when I read labels in a lot of things. I have never had such horrible gas pains in my entire life!

It was really horrible. Now I am afraid to add milk to anything.

I haven't had any trouble with my Protein drinks but now I am afraid to move off them and do the full liquids. It seems like there is milk or milk products when I read labels in a lot of things. I have never had such horrible gas pains in my entire life!

Just don't consume dairy for a few months and you'll be good to go and it will be a non-issue.

I'm with Elisabeth on this one. Lactose intolerance is usually short lived, an hour or so. I suspect something else was going on with you or... a combination of a couple of things.

Well TMI, but I hadn't gone potty in a few days. Maybe there was just a lot to come out. It was too nasty for words.