Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oregondaisy's turn for sleeve surgery

I am so happy Dr. campos loaned me his lap top. they are all such sweethearts here.

I was in pain all night and really only slept from 5-7 am.

I had that horrific left shoulder pain people talk about when getting banded but I never had it then. Dr. A told me when he came in that he forgot to tell me he fixed a

hiatal hernia so he had to blow me up with extra gas.

I've been walking all over the place, trying to get a signal on my phone. I walked a block from the hospital with my cotton house coat on. The anesthesiologist said "Hi " using my first name. What a good memory.

Everyone here is so sweet, especially the nurses Lucy and Sergeo. I am not bothering with caps because I am not used to typing on a lap top. my daughter said mine arrived and she has it at her house nice and safe.

My main pain is my back and neck because I can't take my celebrex. I am not having any trouble getting my liquids in. I have had 2 bottles of Water, 2 glasses of tea, the purple stuff they used to see if it came out in my drain ( and it didn't) a glass of apple juice and a glass of something orange that I am not even sure what it was.

I am a little annoyed that all but 2 of the channels are in spanish and both channels are C.B.S.. I haven't felt like reading because my neck hurts.

Tomorrow I get to drink that nasty stuff and get my drain out. I guess today starts as day one of my Clear Liquids?

The people are great here and I highly recommend it to anyone thinking of getting a sleeve. I am so glad WasA found dr. A for all of us. He and his staff could not be more wonderful!

Edited by Oregondaisy

I'm glad to hear all went well and that your healing, walking, and drinking. Yes, today is day 1 of the 10 days of fluids. After your drain comes out, they add chicken broth to the tang, apple juice, and tea. In the folder that you got is a list of TV shows in English. Some have commercials in Spanish but the shows are in English.

Hey Daisy, glad to hear you are doing so well. I am amazed at how well you are doing with your liquids. I am still having just an awful time with that.

Keep us posted on how things are going.

Edited by Oregondaisy

I'm glad to hear all went well and that your healing, walking, and drinking. Yes, today is day 1 of the 10 days of fluids. After your drain comes out, they add chicken broth to the tang, apple juice, and tea. In the folder that you got is a list of TV shows in English. Some have commercials in Spanish but the shows are in English.

I have gone channel by channel looking for the shows in Englsih. It's funny that sometimes there will be a show in English on a channel, and next time I try that channel, it's in Spanish. That list does not seem to be up to date for the programming it says will be on. I go to that channel, and all I get is a fuzzy screen.

Yes, I am surprised too that I can get the liquids down so easily. I will be glad to actually see the sleeve on the screen tomorrow.

My daughter is freaking out calling this swine flu central. Everyone in the hospital is wearing a mask. I am not wearing mine, like a good little patient:redface:

The Hiatal Hernia repair can really be a doozy. It slowed down my recovery and made me rely heavily on the pain meds for a while.

Where was your pain? I am having more trouble with the left shoulder deal and my neck. My incisions don't hurt at all.

I am wondering how it's going to feel when they pull that drain out tomorrow.

It really doesn't hurt when they pull they drain out. You feel a little pull, but it is more of a weird feeling than anything.

thanks susan. that's kind of a relief to hear. now if my neck and shoulder would stop hurting, things would be pretty perfect.

I have gone channel by channel looking for the shows in Englsih. It's funny that sometimes there will be a show in English on a channel, and next time I try that channel, it's in Spanish. That list does not seem to be up to date for the programming it says will be on. I go to that channel, and all I get is a fuzzy screen.

Yes, I am surprised too that I can get the liquids down so easily. I will be glad to actually see the sleeve on the screen tomorrow.

My daughter is freaking out calling this swine flu central. Everyone in the hospital is wearing a mask. I am not wearing mine, like a good little patient:redface:

Your daughter is crazy, Daisy. She needed a class in geography instead of nursing. You are far away from Mexico City, Swine Flu Central. ;o) She's been against everything you are doing from the very beginning.

Edited by WASaBubbleButt

I've got such a sick sense of humor that I'd change my avatar to a pig and if you talk to your daughter on the phone, start snorting ... sorry ... don't deal well with people who can't support the decision you've made. :(:)

Where was your pain? I am having more trouble with the left shoulder deal and my neck. My incisions don't hurt at all.

I am wondering how it's going to feel when they pull that drain out tomorrow.

I had the shoulder pain but not until the day I left. Try to walk and bend and not take a lot of pain medication so you keep things moving along.

Your daughter is crazy, Daisy. She needed a class in geography instead of nursing. You are far away from Mexico City, Swine Flu Central. ;o) She's been against everything you are doing from the very beginning.

Just like I was very against it when she decided on RNY. I guess at least she doesn't have to have a band removed, even if RNY doesn't work out for her. If she keeps drinking

diet pepsi with her meals, I will be a good mom and not say

"I told you so!"

Phew! I was freaking out . Dr. Campos' computer went dead. He gave me the charging cord and I thought he must have given me the wrong cord. I could not get it to fit anywhere in any of the holes. Then I finally found an adapter in the bed. :(

Just like I was very against it when she decided on RNY. I guess at least she doesn't have to have a band removed, even if RNY doesn't work out for her. If she keeps drinking

diet pepsi with her meals, I will be a good mom and not say

"I told you so!"

Phew! I was freaking out . Dr. Campos' computer went dead. He gave me the charging cord and I thought he must have given me the wrong cord. I could not get it to fit anywhere in any of the holes. Then I finally found an adapter in the bed. :(

Did you ever get your phone to work from the US towers?

No! I walked across the street from the hospital and down a block and it still would not work. They told me to go outside and turn it off and walk away from the hospital, and then turn it back on when I got about a block away. That didn't work . I was bummed.

I still don't get why it said AT&T when I first got here and now it says TelCel. That would not be so bad if it would at least call out. I use the country code and it just beeps like the line is busy. I can't even send a text.

It just says text failed.

No! I walked across the street from the hospital and down a block and it still would not work. They told me to go outside and turn it off and walk away from the hospital, and then turn it back on when I got about a block away. That didn't work . I was bummed.

I still don't get why it said AT&T when I first got here and now it says TelCel. That would not be so bad if it would at least call out. I use the country code and it just beeps like the line is busy. I can't even send a text.

It just says text failed.

I'll text you right now to see if you can at least receive them. Maybe if you can receive them you can reply to them.