Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 wk and starting mushies

I beginning to wonder if I made the right decision to get banded... Im starving!!!! I made it throught the 1st wk on liquids. Now I'm on pureed food and only allowed 3Tablespoons at each meal and its supposed to take 30 min to eat. I dont get it. I'm so hungry, and I cant find a protien powder that tastes good. Also supposed to have 20 gr. Protein for BLD. what am I doing wrong? I feel no restriction and I feel like I can eat a ton of food. All I think about is food all day!!!!

The only Protein Shake I really like is Slim Fast LOW CARB in chocolate. This has 20 grams of Protein per can and only 2 grams of carbs. And, it's ready-to-drink so it's not gritty or gross that way. I had to brave the whey protein shake powder before surgery but after, this is just fine! Just don't buy the "High Protein" version -- it has only 15 grams of protein. I didn't have any restrictions on how much mushy food I ate at a meal. Soft scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, that sort of thing. But remember, you aren't SUPPOSED to have any restriction yet. You haven't even had your first fill, and it takes several to reach your sweet spot. You're in bandster hell and it sucks. We've all been there. Other things are sugar free yogurt, cottage cheese (very high in protein), cream Soups like Tomato, some of that stuff is less than mushy food and should help to fill in the times between your meals.

Please - hang in there! I am envious of you as you are so brave to be where you are at in your recovery. I wish you all the best! Keep it up! Youu are getting your life back.

hey you can do it!! i'm only 3 days post-op and im hungry as ever! but i wont eat anything im not supposed to right now! there are many Protein Shakes available, but see if u can get samples of BSNs-SYNTHA-6 or DESSERT..they have all the calories and Protein you need, PLUS they are VERY delicious..HENCE, the Protein Shake line named DESSERT...also dont forget about SF pudding! soooo many diff. flavors! you'll be eating better in NO time! hang in there!

Actually now I am confused... I don't know if I'm supposed to have anything btwn meals(my 3 Tblspns) except for fluids. thats why I'm soo Hungry I don't know how toget the Protein in that I need

Actually now I am confused... I don't know if I'm supposed to have anything btwn meals(my 3 Tblspns) except for fluids. thats why I'm soo Hungry I don't know how toget the Protein in that I need

your dr or nutrionist should have provided you with a list of foods/drinks for the healing stages.....i've not heard of only 3 tblsp of food in one sitting - but if that's your dr's plan..??,

there are some Protein drinks that are halfway decent & filling while along the way:

* muscle milk (light), i like chocolat & chocolate malt

* Syntrax nectar, i like fuzzy navel / orange / - i like to mix them w/frozen fruit to make a smoothie vs all the choc/vanilla shakes which can get boring

* champion banana scream

many of these offer samples at Vitamin shoppes so you don't have to make a huge investment in a large tub that you'll never use.