Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Next MD Lap Band Support Group

Hello Everyone,

The next Maryland Lap Band support group meeting will held on Sunday, September 18th at 1pm at the BORDERS book store in Annapolis. We will be meeting every third Sunday of each month.

If you would like to join us, please e-mail me at Crystalstar1130@yahoo.com

Thanks Karen

The meeting was fun. We had two new pre op members join the group. Not everyone was able to make it but we all understood. We need more post op members to join so the pre op members can learn what life will be like after being banded. Also it will help the post op members through their journey. Everyone seems to really enjoy getting together and I have been told the meetings are very informative. The group members are very kind and will make you feel welcomed. It would be nice to have you join us anytime. Our next meeting will be on the 16th of October. Hope to see you there.

Take Care Karen

Hello...

At this time I have talked with the group and I am trying to put a meeting together for next Sunday October 2nd. It will be held somewhere between 11am and 1pm. I should have everything ready to send out by tomorrow or Monday. The reason we want to meet again so soon is to make our self more open for post ops to join us. It would be wonderful to have you two there. I am really looking forward to meeting with both of you. Let me know and I will make it happen.

Take care Karen

OK here I go with the excuses. My neighbor had major breast reduction surgery and I was babysitting her. How was the meeting?

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to say thank you for all your prayers. I have been going through alot with the loss of my best friend last Monday. I attended the last meeting on Oct. 2nd and was able to talk with a new member by the name of Greg. He is 2 1/2 years post op and was able to share his story and answer our questions. So I thank you Greg so much. We needed your input and we are looking forward to meeting with you again. At this time plans for the next meeting are being made. We will still be meeting on Oct. 16th. But we are looking into a different location. I will keep everyone updated.

Let's keep our heads up and know with all our hard work we will get to where we want to be.

Take Care Karen

:banana 1st Event

I will be kicking off the Choosing & Losing to Live, a new support group in Oxon Hill, Maryland on Saturday October 15th. After the initial meeting we will meet every month on the 2nd Saturday of the month. We will meet at Olympic Fitness Center at 5470 St. Barnabus Road Oxon Hill, MD at from 12:30 pm - 3:00 each month.

The focus of our support meetings will be fitness and overall wellness for the mind and the body after WLS. Everyone is welcomed! Pre-Ops, Post-Ops and even No-Ops who just want to learn how to incorporate positive living, exercise and healthy diet into their weight loss plan.

:banana 2nd Event

Empower Support Group is the DC/VA/MD Support Group that meets monthly. If you live in the area, please come out and fellowship with your local OH friends.

Our Fall Meet and Greet will be held on October 17, 2005.

We are planning to do one of the two events listed below based on votes:

(1) 2pm Cookout @ Haines Point Washington DC

(2) 7pm Jillians @ Anne Arundel Mills Mall

Please send an email to me at empower_communities@comcast.net to indicate if you would like to attend and what your choice of events will be.

Ok, guys, I really need to get to one of these meetings. Unfortunately, I am going away the 14-16, but the next meeting after that I will definitely be there. I have been going through some really hard times I need support. I had to take my 2 year old and leave my husband because of some abuse issues, I am finishing my Master's degree, and still trying to nanny to make some money to survive. My weight has definitely been suffering. I weighed 243 at surgery (July), and I now weigh 237. That is very hard for me, I feel so depressed like I will always be fat no matter what. I know I need to eat better, but it's like I have no control. I think I will feel better with people who know my ordeal around me? So, if anyone has any words of encouragement, I could sure use them. And I will see you at the next MD meeting, wherever it be.

Hi Carrie I am so sorry to hear about what is going on. I have been there. I left my husband when my daughter was 1 month old due to a lot of mental abuse and some physical abuse. You are doing the right thing. You are awesome woman, look at all that you are doing. Creating a secure environment for your child, bettering yourself with education and a Master's degree at that, you are taking control of your body and you are not allowing someone to belittle you, knowing that you are a queen. Carrie keep your head up and move forward in every aspect of your life. You are a queen and you deserve to be treated as such by anyone you come in contact with and by yourself. Treat yourself like a queen just like you treat your child like a little prince or princess.

Everything takes times even peace. I pray that your issues with your husband can be resolved with some couple counseling because God created the sanctity of marriage and I do not want to step on his toes. But don't be a fool and stick around if things are not going to change. You are an awesome woman. Write that down "I am an Awesome Woman" . Remember that when things are hard and that God is not going to give you more then you can bare. You are not the only one going through this, millions of woman are and have sung the same song, but they are still here to say they survived. Call a shelter or your church and get information if need be. Not that you need somewhere to stay but they can give advice on getting help, support, encouragement. Everyones situtation is a little diffrent.

Of course it is going to be hard to eat sensibly right now but don't let your banding be in vain. Try to plan your meal in your head for the day. If you need help with that ask someone here. Don't deny yourself of something good. There are some quick meals on the food thread and there are some fast foods that can work also.

Carrie you are an "Awesome Woman". Your Lap Band family is here and we pray for you and with you. You can and will do everything you set your mind to.

Annapolis Lap Band Support group is on Oct. 16th. We will still meet at the Annapolis BORDERS book store cafe at 1pm. Please E-mail me at Crystalstar11@aol.com to let me know if you will be attending or not attending.

Carrie, I will let you know when the next meeting is planed. We would love to have you join us. I am so sorry to hear that you are going through so much right now. Know that I am here to support you with anything that comes up. You are a part of the Lap Band family and we will stand strong together. You can e-mail me anytime. Take care of yourself and your little one and God bless you both.

Keep your head up,

Hugs from Karen

Thank you so much for all the words of support. It's hard when you feel like no one else had gone through or is going through the same thing. But you helped me to see that I'm not the only one out there that this has happened to. My son, Reilly, and I are living with my parents now anf hopefully a separation agreement will be signed soon. Stress!!! Ok, I will try and tell myself I am an awesome woman, even though I feel like you all are the awesome women, not me. I have been doing better with eating, and I am going for a fill in 2 weeks. It means so much to me to have women to talk to about these things. I can't wait to meet you both at the next lap band meeting, whenever it may be. How did Oct.16th go? Random : this woman from Barix Clinics told me you were supposed to get fills every 6 weeks for the 1st year of banding. Is this true? Did you guys do that? Because I thought you just got one when you felt like you could eat more/after losing 20-30 lbs.? Let me know. Thanks again for everything!!!;-)