Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did you tell your young child?

I am being banded on April 29 and I have a 2 and 3 year old. What was it like chasing after your 2 year old after surgery? Myt wife is 28 weeks pregnant so I hate to have her do the lifting (bath, car etc).

The first week was the toughest. I was so tired and slept a lot. I had help tho. Between DH and my mom, I was covered for the first 4 weeks.

I had a lifting restriction of 10lbs for 6 weeks. That's about a gallon of milk. Every doc is different, so be sure to ask yours. It's the port attached to abdomen that is what will "pop" if you lift too soon or too hard.

DD totally got in to helping me. She loved it! If she wanted me to pick her up, I'd either have her get up on a chair or I would hunker down and give her a hug and at the first opportunity, we'd sit somewhere and snuggle. Explaining to her again why mama couldn't pick her up. For the most part, she was fine.

We switched cars, DH took my truck and I took his car so DD could climb in to the car on her own and get herself into her seat, then I'd buckle her up. Same getting out.

DH did all the laundry and went shopping with me.

Like I said, DD loves to help and she's pretty independent so it actually worked out pretty well. She climbed on to our bed for diaper changes and dressing/undressing. Bathing her, I couldn't do, it was hard to get down there and then get back up, leaning over to wash, etc. Later it got easier, but the first couple of weeks, no way.

Is there a way you 2 could get some help during the day? At the very least, for the first week? It sure would help a bunch. If wifey wasn't preggers, I'd say no worries, you 2 would be fine but it would help if someone could come in everyday. I know how busy mine is and I only have 1! You'll probably be fine without help but it would be nice.

Best wishes and let me know what you 2 figure out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches