Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Band-Over-Bypass people here?

You're still in the early stages. Maybe you are a slow learner. I know I was/am. But here I am 3 years later and I love my band. It really is hard and I think it is harder to deal with the more addicted to food you are.

Success with the band has to be measured in years, not months.

Hang in there!

FN

Im just having hard time with all this "its a tool" "slow weightloss" stuff.

Ok here is my honest true heartfelt real deal.

I was unable to control myself when it came to eating before and this is a tool but so was everything else-if I could do it myself then I would have-this is not making much difference in my behavior Im a food addict period.

Compare our stats Alatina. Remember back when we first got banded? You posted that you were thinking about it and the next week, off you went! So now, here you are. (Okay, so you did 7 months of research before heading to Mx...I just went back and looked) Please don't be dissappointed, you make me feel bad about my own stats!! And I'm darn proud of mine! You were banded 19 days after me. I started at 223, you at 214. I am now 195, you are 187. That's 28 pounds for me and 27 for you. We are neck and neck on weight loss. I have lost an average of 1.4 pounds per week. You have lost an average of 1.5 pounds per week. That is right on track!!! It's working!!! We are doing just great!!! Just look at us now!!!

Now, I'm the first to admit it's something to get your head around. It ain't been easy for me either. I didn't get a fill for 12 weeks because I needed time to adjust to the new eating habits, how the band worked for me, and I needed week after week of just trying to be able to eat and use food like I did pre-band. My band wasn't ready for a fill until week 8 or 9, but I wasn't ready until week 10 or 11, then I had to wait for my appointment...well. It worked out fine. I'm on a downward trend again, and it's working!!!!

Keep up the good work, and it IS work. Dr Kuri said "I'll do my job but you will need to do yours" and here we are having to do our work. It's worth it. We'll get there.

Please don't feel like I'm kicking you in the butt...maybe just a loving reality check so you can shake it off and get going again. ((((((((HUGS))))))))) my band buddy. We went through alot back in April and we can make it through the rest of the ups and downs of losing weight.

What was this thread about? Oh, banding over bypass. BTW, a nurse at my fill doc's office had RNY 2 years ago. She was over 250, I think, and got dodwn to 125, then 2 years later she's up to 150 and on the diet and exercise routine with the rest of us. At this point, what doctor would band her at 150 pounds? I'm sure there is one, but she has a point. Does she have to gain all of her weight back just to qualify for the band? How safe is it? For her, based on our short conversation, banding after bypass was not an option. But I have heard of it being done.

its not to minimize anyone elses weight loss its just how i feel about me-but this thread wasnt about me.thnx everyone.

Deena, This is not the appropriate place to be posting your advertisement for services. LBT is not acceptible of this type of solicitation. I have addressed this in a PM to you.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Getting back to the orginal post-LOL LOL LOL

I do know of two girls who are in Michigan & highly considering the band over their previous RNY stomachs. Both have gained a min of 25 pds back- one actually 40 pds. Both lost 90 total. Someone earlier suggested contacting inamed- I think thats a great idea! They should have some stats on this. Also I think maybe Dr.Pleatman has done this- but I don't know for sure. I do know he has done several band to RNY patients. You can call his office 248-334-5444-ask them. I would think you would be very successful with having both. I know you must feel frusterated right now- But maybe WHILE your looking into additional options you can try jump starting yourself with a small fast or something. I wish I could help more. The grass is always greenier on the otherside. ALWAYS:0) I wish you much luck & loss!