Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have a BMI of 45. I cant believe this has happened again ( the weight gain). Behavioral & spiritual methods have worked, for a while. I'm on the presurgical diet from north Fl surgeons. Surgery is scheduled for 2weeks. I'm hopeful & nervous. I'm on the Liquid Protein drink/bar 4 a day plus a broiled chicken breast, or tuna without mayo. My first day today. I'm doing this for 2 weeks for the sake of a safe surgery. Thats what they tell me. Im trying to think positive, but I find myself crying a little bit. Positive Positive. I'll make it through. Can someone respond w/ inspiring words, or not. A response would be helpful to me. Thanks. :crying:

I Have a BMI of 45. I cant believe this has happened again ( the weight gain). Behavioral & spiritual methods have worked, for a while. I'm on the presurgical diet from north Fl surgeons. Surgery is scheduled for 2weeks. I'm hopeful & nervous. I'm on the liquid Protein drink/bar 4 a day plus a broiled chicken breast, or tuna without mayo. My first day today. I'm doing this for 2 weeks for the sake of a safe surgery. Thats what they tell me. Im trying to think positive, but I find myself crying a little bit. Positive Positive. I'll make it through. Can someone respond w/ inspiring words, or not. A response would be helpful to me. Thanks. :crying:

Hello and welcome to the banding club! This will be the hardest two weeks but remember this will lead to a new life for you.. a life of no dieting a life of being healthier and happier. You can do this and stick to the pre op diet the reason they do that is to shrink your liver. If you don't stick to the diet they could cancel your surgery or like my friend go to do the surgery and when they got in there her liver was to large and they closed her up without a band. Shrinking your liver is to your benefit, they need to be able to manipulate in there and if your liver is large they can't risk nicking it and causing a bleed. You can do this!

I have tried almost every diet out there and have lost 40 to 60 pounds on some of them. I was never able to keep up with it for more than a few months and I always gained the weight back and then some.

It was sooo hard in the beginning. For me it was two weeks Liquid Protein pre-op, two weeks of liquid Protein only post-op then two weeks of mushies. I didn't get to chew anything for six full weeks

Now 10 1/2 months later, for the first time since I was a toddler I am in the normal weight range. There is no doubt that I will reach my initial goal very soon and even surpass it before I reach the 1 year mark. The band has helped me to completely changed my whole outlook on food and eating. I am not struggling every day like I did on those other diets so there is no doubt that I can keep from gaining it all back.

The hardest part is where you are now. Just keep reminding yourself that although it seems to be forever, it is just a short period in your life, in the end it will be SOOOO worth it.

Welcome to bandland! Pretty soon you will be an official bandster. I am from Pensacola...so NW Florida. Its pretty good that for your pre-op diet you get to have food! I had 2 weeks of just liquids (as did lots of people on here). You will start to crave for every food commericial on TV...and during this phase of pre-op and even a little post-op, it will seem like there are a million of them

For me, the pre-surg diet was not the hardest part of my journey. It's tough, but the weight loss that comes with it is a nice perk. After your surgery and after you have healed...the time before you get your first fill (or your second or third) was the hardest time for me. This is called bandster hell, and I was not prepared for it. So I wanted to give you a heads up (not to scare you but so you dont get disappointed). Most of us go through a period after surgery where we can still eat anything we want...bc we dont have proper restriction yet. During this time you have to rely on willpower and your memory (meaning why you did this in the first place). After you start to get your fills and your band starts working with you...things get much better.

Walk walk walk! Even the night after your surgery. Walking will help with gas and blood clots. Then, start walking to help you keep losing. I started in Jan when I was banded and did my first 5k several weeks ago. I was 327 pounds when I started...so if I can do it, anyone can!

Keep in mind the band is a tool for us. Not the "miracle cure". Be open with your doctor afterwards. Call if you have questions, get in to see him/her. My doc has been great!

This forum and all the people on here will be wonderful as well. I have a blog, as do lots of other bandsters, and I have "met" some wonderful people this way. Usually you can find the link for the blogs in peoples signatures on their posts.

Holler if you need anything. Again...WELCOME! I dont regret a minute of this journey!

Amy

I Have a BMI of 45. I cant believe this has happened again ( the weight gain). Behavioral & spiritual methods have worked, for a while. I'm on the presurgical diet from north Fl surgeons. Surgery is scheduled for 2weeks. I'm hopeful & nervous. I'm on the liquid Protein drink/bar 4 a day plus a broiled chicken breast, or tuna without mayo. My first day today. I'm doing this for 2 weeks for the sake of a safe surgery. Thats what they tell me. Im trying to think positive, but I find myself crying a little bit. Positive Positive. I'll make it through. Can someone respond w/ inspiring words, or not. A response would be helpful to me. Thanks. :smile:

Thanks for responding. I'm a little slow on this site, My surgery was 5-4 monday. ate 4 banana popsicles & Jello gelating and started frothing out of my mouth & nose. The doctor said I was very swollen & there was allready 3 cc saline put in my band in surgery. So he took it out at the office OUch. Hence I can swallow again. He says this rarely happens. I said, well If it rarely happens then it will happen to me, optimist that I am. So I am doing the treadmill, & broth & diluted apple juice, still burping. Stomach still hurts when I move certain ways. I just want to eat normally, not "special" anymore. I know time takes time, But I dont have the patience for time lol.