Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Help!

I am 3 days out from banding and I already have a problem.

I purchased medifast shakes to eat during this phase but they are gross and I can't eat them. Is there anything anyone can suggest so I can get enough protrin in.

Are thet any tasteless Protein powders that I can add to carnation instant Breakfast or something like that..

I really want to make sure I am getting propper nutrition any help is greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Amy

Amy, I use GNC Protein Shakes as a general rule. But I too have one yuckie shake mix I am trying to get through. I mix a tablespoon of chocolate or banana fat free sugar free dry pudding mix in mine. I also use cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon with 1 cup of lowcarb milk. It hides the nasty taste a bit. I have also used 2 tablespoons of orange juice concentrate for a change. Hope this helps.

I second that motion Atkins Advantage. The chocolate is really good and only 2 carbs. Make sure they are really cold when you sip them. It is hard for companies to re create chocolate but they did a good job. Sometimes try some other flavors, they are easier to mimick.

Don't stress it is still early. Just be sure to sip your Water all day, some type of broth, and sugar free popsicles are great. Again some brands are better then others so buy them on sale.

I was looking at your site! wow what a beautiful transformation! it funny how weight can hold us back so much!

Ive lost hundred, I may go down to 185 at 210.

well just had to say some thing.most of all God bless.

I liked the Atkins Advantage, they were in a can and ready to go, chocolate was yummy

mmmmmm those are awesome!!!high in Protein and great taste!of course its near impossible to get away from that chaulky taste but its much better then a lot of the Protein shakes out there! I also love carnation instant breakfast-the low carb ones (blue box)literly no chaulkiness-- those are really good too!

If you are using powder you can put it in the blender as directed and add a tbsp Peanut Butter in either vanilla OR chocolate. Buy frozen strawberries (I like whole unsweetened) Freeze banana slices or other fruits and put in blender with your shakes. Blend well so you have little to no chunks. If you know anyone that sells ADVOCARE those shakes are GREAT!

I haven't been banded but I drink these already for Breakfast and they really are good, packed full of Vitamins and protein!