Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay this is day 3 and I am starving!!

I am so hungry! I had almost no appetite surgery day and the next but this third day is something! I drink my Protein and Water and I am full for about 2 hours but then I am so hungry! ANybody had to deal with this! HELP! lol I AM GETTING REALLY FRUSTRATED! I know that my calorie intake is way down but how many calories can you get in by just drinking. I am really hungry though. What can I do about this I can't see this for 2 weeks I don't think I will make it! Help!!!

DO NOT STOP DRINKING! Always have something ready. Just KEEP drinking. Now is not the time to worry calories. JUST KEEP DRINKING. Have a Protein drink then have a fruit juice ready...then tea...then Soup....more Protein Drink....more juice. It's the only way to stay sane. My gosh don't wait for two hours!! No no no....always keep something going and always keep sipping away!!

You WILL survive...I *promise*!!!

I was just there a few weeks ago. You get used to it. I couldn't sleep because of the hunger and so I took Benedryl for the first week. It really helped.

I was only getting in 300-350 cals that week and I was HUNGRY....but at the same time felt full. It was the weirdest thing.

I would take just a few sips of clear liquid and be full again.

My doctor told me before I left the hospital to remember to drink as much Water as I could hold between meals and that if I ever felt hungry it was because I wasn't drinking my Water. Maybe you aren't getting enough water?

BTW, Am I the only one who hasn't felt overwhelmingly hungry.. ever.. since surgery? I do occasionally feel a twinge of hunger, but nothing so intense as mentioned above. In fact, I usually have to push myself to get in 1200 calories a day now.

yes you can make it, if we all can then so can you, think of the end result and be thankful it was not longer then 2 weeks, i had 3 weeks of liquids do not eat, follow your dr.s instructions they are in place for A reasone eating too soon beofre the band has set in place can cause it to slip be strong and hang tough it will be oever before you know it find something to keep you occupied keep liquids with you at al time drink more Protein it helps to crub the appetite,

Thanks you guys!

I AM DRINKING WATER! I am also drinking my Protein drinks and sucking on my popsicles(sugar free-fat free). It is the weirdest thing I drink Water and I am full I mean really full then about 20 minutes later I am hungry so I drink a crystal light and that keeps me full for about an hour. I have not chewed a thing so don't worry. I have been tempted but I have braved surgery not to ruin my band. Yes I wll make it. I just had a temporary moment of weakness. Daisybelle I admire your willpower, u go girl! I am not hungry at all today yet oh yeah maybe it is all the drinking. Thanks again!!

Peace,

DeeDee

Guest GABRIEL

YOU ALL HAVE ME WORRIED, i LEAVE TODAY FOR MEXICO AND WILL HAVE MY SURGEY IN THE AM WITH DR. SANCHEZ.

Gabriel - don't worry - everyone has fears and second thoughts....part of the process I guess.

Diva- Just keep drinking something....experiment with different flavors till one does the trick and satisfies you. I know it seemed like my flavor instinct changed from day to day what Protein shake I could tolerate. (Not a big fan of them in the first place). Take care.

Hey Diva,

Hang in there. I was Banded Monday as well. Although I am not Hungry at all

but I am constantly sipping something especially Water even in the middle of the night..lol

I am going to try some carnation instant B fast this morn..

Keep going you are doing great...

Amy..

PS how is your pain?

Guest nctorres

I really need some good advice. I am on my pre-op diet and it's been going great. I read all these testimonials and I get a little scared sometimes.

Hopefully I will be having surgery somtime in the next month or so.

Thank You,

Nellie

Amy My pain is okay now. The first 2 days were hard. Today I feel great. I will keep sipping and trying different flavors of drinks. I think most of it is in my head. I am getting kind of frustrated with the Protein Drinks I like em okay but it is in my head I know. I mean I can eat french fries everyday no problem but Protein drinks everyday Yuk!! LOL well I am getting my Water in and I have some strawberyy-kiwi crystal light that is really yummy! Gabriel we all get nervous having surgery is serious. I am only saying how I have been feeling but I know alot of it is in my head. Okay like now my mom is cooking this huge Delmonico steak, smells delicious but I am full and I know this and I can't have any cause I am on liquids. My mouth is watering and I feel full! My mind's playing tricks on me! LOL

Daisybelle I admire your willpower, u go girl!

Thanks, but I'm not so sure it's willpower as much as it is the fear of having to go through it all again! :)

I know it's hard to make the changes and follow doctor's orders, but you're doing great. At least you have the desire to change your habits and that's the first step!