Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello ! I am a Newbie from North Carolina

Hello!

I was banded in August 08. My highest weight was 278 and today I weigh 213. I have a 9 cc Realize band and I currently have 7.5 cc in the band. My next fill appointment is scheduled for May 6th. My surgeon was Dr. Keith Gersin at Carolinas Weight Management and Wellness Center in Charlotte, NC. I am hoping this website will give me the support I am so desepartely needing. I am getting a little fustrated because the weight is not coming off like it has and I exercise on a dialy basis and watch every morsel that goes into my mouth and the scales are not moving. I find myself resorting back to OLD habits and I think this is due to my fustration.

Thanks,

Wanda

Hi! Neighbor. I to go to the carolinas weight manag.... Dr. Kuwada is my Doc. I love him. Quiet man, but to the point. Through out my entire ordeal which started 07/2008 he was constantly in my ear (what I didn't like) telling me the band is a slow, drawn out process that take up to 3 yrs to reach your full potential. So I was well aware. At the last minute I even was going to switch to gastric bypass cause I don't think (didn't think) I had the patience to let this process go by as slow as he would warn be about EVERY single contact with him. But I decided on the band cause I did accomulate alot of bad habits that did not take over night. I do need to totally re-do my diet and exercise program...constantly. I need to take the same time and patience it took to love my self and body that it took me to get to this very unhealthy weight. I hope you find patience along the way and CWM, also, they have a support group every Tues. at Mercy, you should think about attending. Wishing you all you want and the patience to get there in a healthy way!

That is awesome you have lost alot of weight.

Don't go back to your old habits. You may need to eat a little more. Sometimes our body's are funny. If you sit there and diet and be good all the time your body gets tired of the routine or it may think you are starving yourself and hold onto the food. If you eat more frequently or you eat something a little fattier than usual it may let go of a pound or 2 for you.

Or change up your exercise routine. Something to mix it up and confuse your body into letting go. Some people also recommend you try the 5 day pouch test. There's a link on here somewhere to the website for it.

Good luck!

I too am a patient at CWM! I am a patient of Dr. Kuwada, I am scheduled for LB surgery on the 30th of this month. He has told me over and over that is it a SLOW process. I think you have done great with your weight loss, 65 lbs. in less than a year is AWESOME!!! Your should be very proud of yourself! Remember SLOW and STEADY!! Dr. Kuwada says that the slower it comes off, the more likely it is to STAY off!! Good Luck!

Thanks for the info. Does the support group meet every Tuesday or just once a month? I attended one of those meetings before I had surgery, but I have not attended since then. I live approximately an hour from Charlotte just over the Union County line in Anson County, if you are familiar with that area. I live in a little town called Peachland.

I am also from Jacksonville, NC. I am working with the Carteret Surgical Associates in Morehead City. Haven't been banded yet..still wating on insurance approval :thumbup:

Elgrad

I am also from Jacksonville, NC. I am working with the Carteret Surgical Associates in Morehead City. Haven't been banded yet..still wating on insurance approval :D

Elgrad

Welcome Elgrad: Glad to know someone else from Jacksonville NC, just hang in there, it is soooo worth it in the end. I had my surgery in Greenville by Dr. Pender, going for my 3rd fill tomorrow. I hope that all works out for you with your insurance. Let me know if you need anything or keep me updated on your progress. Take care