Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all. I am 5 days post opp. The pain is getting less and less but I'm not feeling so good. Not sure if it's hunger, or nausea, but I just feel..ick. I don't know whether I am eating enough, or not enough. My doc said I could go from the liquid to the mushy stage if I felt ok.. but I've read that eating the wrong foods or mushy foods too soon will disrupt the placement of the band. I just don't know what's going on in my stomach anymore and over time between the pre -op diet and the surgery I don't have a sense of what I should feel like anymore. I am self pay.. and sure don't want to mess this up!

MoonBeam,

Although everyone is different as well as the doctors, it should be okay to try to eat like the baby food consistancy. You are probably lacking energy and still only being 5 days out you may still have the gas in your system. Don't be afraid of eating as long as it isn't anything that can possibly go down your esophagus then stomach to scratch it the way down if you haven't been practicing the chewing that is a must. You do need to allow your stomach to heal and this is why you want very very mushy food, something that you don't have to chew.

Josephine

My first day post op, I made sure to drink plenty fluids, and I felt so blah, realized I was full, but it didn't feel like the full I was use to. Take you time and get to know your body. Created the right pace for you.

Are you taking prescription pain meds? If so, try to substitute liquid tylenol. Pain meds cause nausea in some people. If you do without them and that "ick" feeling goes away, you have your answer. Abdm 5 days post op, you should be able to give them up.

Are you taking prescription pain meds? If so, try to substitute liquid tylenol. Pain meds cause nausea in some people. If you do without them and that "ick" feeling goes away, you have your answer. Abdm 5 days post op, you should be able to give them up.

I agree, the sooner I got off my pain meds the better I felt.

But keep in mind that you had surgery, it is going to take some time to feeling normal. You body chemistry is adjusting - my blood sugars are doing cartwheels and that is making me feel tired to energized, back to exhausted again.

I am 12 days out from surgery.

-BSG