Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on 3/2 and will probably receive my first fill this Wednesday. I was looking to see what others have said about that first fill experience. I feel like I can eat more now so I am glad to be getting the fill, I don't want to lose momentum. Old demons have a way of creeping back in just when you thought you had it under control. Thank you to all who write about your experiences. You give the rest of us hope and reassurance. Thank you.

By my first fill, I was so darned hungry it was strictly bare knuckles to not eat anything in the house (and since I don't live alone, there is stuff here that I certainly have no business eating, LOL). At my first fill (on 2/10), they drew out all the Fluid in the band ... .6cc was left in when the doctor tested the band for leaks before he placed it. The nurse practitioner added 4 ccs and I was told to sit and drink a glass of Water. And it just got tighter and tighter, until I couldn't swallow any water. So they drew out 1cc. It was like a rock in my chest melted away as she withdrew that little bit of saline. At 3.6, I certainly wasn't at my sweet spot, but I went on a cruise (can you say 24 hour food? ) and didn't partake of the Desserts, the french fries and cheeseburgers and pizza that was in my face. So I will say that the fill that I had was enough to get me going. When I got home, I weighed .... no loss, no gain. And I was very happy with that because I've read (and experienced) so many times that people gain an average of 10 pounds on a week long cruise. And after that, the weight started dropping consistently. I went for my second fill on 3/31. The NP and I discussed it and I really didn't want to go back to 4.6 and maybe experience being too full again...plus, I had been in a pretty bad car accident the day before and was bruised pretty badly across my chest and lower abdomen from the airbag and seat belt. The guy that caused the wreck got out of his car and he was fine. I have a broken finger and torn ligaments in my hand, too. Anyway, we mutually decided to go with .5cc, which puts me at 4.1. Still not at my sweet spot but closer. I still get hungry between lunch and dinner, mostly because I have to eat lunch 12:30 - 1:30 and don't get home until 7:00 and that is way too long between meals. My NP told me to eat solid Protein at lunch (no Soup, which of course is sooo easy) and to eat an ounce of cheese or an ounce of meat before I leave work at 5:30. That works for me. I'm losing consistently still, and a little fast than before the second fill. I'm happy! I hoped to lose 50 pounds by June 12 -- my 40th high school reunion is 6/12-13 anda 50 would take me to less than I weighed at the last one 5 years ago. Well, as you see by my ticker, I've already made it. I get my third fill on 4/30 and I'm planning on losing another 20 if I can by June 12. I've never met a weight loss goal like the one I just beat (setting a date and meeting it, much less beating it) and if I don't lose 20, I'll still be happy with whatever I do lose.

My surgery was 3/6/9. I just had my first fill last Thursday. Unfortunately, it has not made an impact on my appetite. I have a 14 cc band, and he did a 3 cc fill. So, I wouldn't expect too much from it if I were you. And i felt it came right in time too as I was starving all last week!