Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The reformed

I have always thought of the reformed as the worst. Ex Smokers, Ex drinkers, and to that list I now add: Ex -Fat Asses- most notably - myself.

First - I am very thankful for finding this site and support I information I have received - it has been so valuable.

Now for the rant :

I cant take these people that are 4 days after surgery and say "I ate a 40lbs chicken- is that ok". No you made a commitment - that chicken is risking your already poor health. It's 6 weeks or 6 months of hell to possibly add years to your life- think about that.

I worry about these people that say "I can only eat ice cream". Its not healthy, its not what the band was designed for and it wasn't wasn't you signed up for. Please dont accept it - you're worth more.

I worry about these people who say I PB every day. PBs happen but they should be rare - when you eat too fast, when you take too big of a bite, when you are new and learning.

The point of all of this is that I really worry that people really aren't committing to the lifestyle changes. They are ramping up these bands to lose weight, which they are doing but by eating only ice cream and throwing up all over town.

Understand I am not perfect - no one is. But maybe I understand the ex smoker and the ex drinker I little more then I ever have before

Ha, I'm definitely a hard-ass now. I didn't even buy my kids Easter candy.< /p>

Lol, its so easy to forget we have had help and that we couldnt do it on our own either. I can be pretty hard on my growing teenage son, who does have a slight weight problem. He says I make it sound like all you have to do is eat less - when he's likely to be genetically programmmed to be just like Doug and I.

Exercise though, I have little tolerance for lazy excuses. No its not always fun, yes it hurts, and yes you have to push yourself to keep getting results. So what? Anything worth having takes work and sooooo many people say "oh, but I cant do that, I have a bad (insert your body part)", or "I have 3 kids", or "I work full time and dont get home till its dark". Pah. You either want it or you dont.

I've been called worse than an ex smoker quite a few times over that attitude, lol.

So what? Anything worth having takes work and sooooo many people say "oh, but I cant do that, I have a bad (insert your body part)"

Well, to be fair - some people (including myself) really do have some bit of problem where we can't do some things. For instance, I was diagnosed with arthritic knees. I found out the hard way in that I hurt my knee so bad one day while running on the treadmill and had to go to the doctor and see an orthopedist, take xrays, etc.

My orthopedist said I was definitely not to run anymore. I was devastated! I had found something I truly loved to do... :thumbup: anyway - I'm just saying sometimes this is justified. If I could run I would run.

That being said, I get my workout in other ways that is approved by my orthopedist.

I just wanted to speak up for those who this might be a legitimate problem. I'm sure you weren't talking about those people though.

I know LilMiss. I feel the same way. I want to run. Sometimes I run for 5 min on the treadmill just because it feels good to run and I want to. Then I pay for it the next day. My ortho doctor tells me absolutely do not run because of all the degenerated discs in my back and neck.

But I want to run!

I do get exercise is all forms at the gym. I love my weight lifting classes. My bf is a long distance runner and I wish I could go for a jog with him.

As for all the people not following band rules, there are a lot of posts about that all the time. People should know that if ice cream is the only thing that goes down without a problem, that they should see their doctor. I knew when I was throwing up in my sleep and even though everything was fine in the day time, that I needed to have some tests taken.

Well, that's what I mean ladies - you find alternatives. Lots of people dont. They just give up. I never mentioned anyone having to run, lol.

Some people may even have to redefine success, and certainly people develop mental resilience and persistence on this journey and achieve things they never had the motivation for before. But some people just refuse to face the fact that the head work has to be done.

I would be a total nut case without exercise. It's a total stress reliever.

I am going to go crazy when I am not released to exercise and probably will go back to the gym just like I did last time, before I was released to exercise.