Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A little pickup for you guys...

I am 1 week 2 days post-op 30.7 pounds lighter and my pain is slight.... The first 7 days post-op I was in severe doubt that I had made a wise choice. Severe pain in my port area.

Called my Dr. to insure this is "normal", he stated that the port is actually sutured under the skin right on and near the muscles. So everytime I moved I was actualy pulling on them (pulling like heck OUCH!!!). He told me to sleep with a heating pad and keep my head up as I lose weight the pain will dimnish. Well he is right today I am still sore but not near as bad. Emotionally better after seeing 30.7 off the scale. So guys it does work and it does get better. We didn't get our ways overnight and won't be better overnight. But, we are getting better. So keep your heads up we can make it and we will overcome... God Bless each of you

Psalms 46:1:thumbup:

Wow! Great job!!! Thanks for the pep talk. I am one week away from surgery and I'm actually going today to take them "the check." I woke up this morning thinking "holy cow, do I really need to do this????" I feel a little panicked and a lot excited that I am actually on my way. Good luck to you for the rest of your recovery! Let us know how the weight loss goes.

Thanks for the encouragement and congrats on your loss!

I am just over a week post-op and have lost 16 pounds so far. I am ecstatic!! I am a bit tired of Protein shakes but it's not forever.

Anyone still have swelling in the port area? I have a slight bump there and am hoping it'll go down,

At what point did the scale reflect weight loss? I'm 4 days in and weight the same as when I went in Tuesday morning dispite having not had a meal since Sunday night 6 days ago.

I am 1 week 2 days post-op 30.7 pounds lighter and my pain is slight.... The first 7 days post-op I was in severe doubt that I had made a wise choice. Severe pain in my port area.

Called my Dr. to insure this is "normal", he stated that the port is actually sutured under the skin right on and near the muscles. So everytime I moved I was actualy pulling on them (pulling like heck OUCH!!!). He told me to sleep with a heating pad and keep my head up as I lose weight the pain will dimnish. Well he is right today I am still sore but not near as bad. Emotionally better after seeing 30.7 off the scale. So guys it does work and it does get better. We didn't get our ways overnight and won't be better overnight. But, we are getting better. So keep your heads up we can make it and we will overcome... God Bless each of you

Psalms 46:1:thumbup:

I'm with you...the scale hasn't reflected any change for me. I wasn't too concerned because it is so early on and I am not yet ready for the gym...hopefully in a few days.

I was banded April 6th and down 20lbs but the scale is not really the only measure to me it is the freedom from hunger and obsessing about food and my clothes being loose, that is the real markers for me.

2 weeks post op. can't wait for pureed chicken.< /p>

I have to correct my comments here. I weight myself shortly after this and was down 9 pounds. Then another 3 this morning. I guess when the bloat goes away the progress can be seen.

At what point did the scale reflect weight loss? I'm 4 days in and weight the same as when I went in Tuesday morning dispite having not had a meal since Sunday night 6 days ago.

The results matter in one hand and in the other my main reasoning for having the band was to teach myself how to make better food choices and to prevent from over eating. My comment about the scale is out of curiosity because so many have had such remarkable results.

Today is day 7 for me and right now i'm feeling extremely tight in th area of my portal...have you experienced this?

Congratulations on your loss and thank you for your uplifting post! I had surgery on April 16th and I am so glad it is done. Most of the soreness is gone now but I still have some gas pains. And best part is I am down 11 pounds already...probably just Water weight loss due to the Clear Liquids I am on for now, but I am still happy. Good luck to you and thanks again for the inspiring post!